z Cottage by the Sea : Don't Care.. Saturday 9

Friday, April 17, 2020

Don't Care.. Saturday 9



Saturday 9: I Don't Care (2019)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song begins with Ed Sheeran admitting he's not enjoying the party he's at. What's something you have to do this weekend, but don't want to do?
 
Nothing at all. Not doin' nuttin.

2) Justin Bieber sings about trying to have a conversation at a party. Have you seen any of your social gatherings cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic?
 
No. Nothing was planned that got cancelled. Family are here in neighborhood and we were together for the holidays.

3) Both Ed and Justin conclude that this party -- and everything else -- is okay because they're with the ones they love. Who in your life always makes you feel comfortable and content?
Famous Anonymous and the Little

4) Ed and Justin have both appeared on The Simpsons. Are you a Simpsons fan?
Yup. I think its very funny.

5) Speaking of animation, Ed Sheeran has said that he'd love to do a Disney soundtrack, like Elton John's Lion King. Do you have a favorite Disney movie?
  The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

6) Justin Bieber is fluent in French, and Ed says he knows enough to get by. Say something to us in French.
Comment ça va?    (hows is it going?)


7) Justin can solve a Rubik's Cube in less than two minutes. Are you good at puzzles?
No, not a Rubik cube but I like doing other puzzles.

8) In 2019, the year this song was popular, 20 new governors took office. Tell us something about the governor of your state (or commonwealth)?
 
Governor Murphy , not fond of the man at all really.

9) Random question: Did you more recently give a compliment, or receive one? 

Gave one. 

See you tomorrow God willing and the creek don't rise.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, that is great that your family is nearby. I hope this Covid virus will be gone before summer is over. Grands won't go back to school until the new school year in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Legend of Sleepy Hollow ....very unusual choice. But interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning !
    I hope this epidemic is quickly solved and stopped , with no more loss of life !
    I agree that it is great to have family near...especially if it is one that grafted me onto a dear friend's family tree ! Thank you !!!
    Be safe and well , all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having our daughter's family next door has been a saving grace in all this. We wouldn't see anyone if not for that. My mom and her husband live behind us, but they have quarantined themselves from day one. Doing nothing all weekend, too. Yesterday we escaped and took a long ride on back country roads, got what we needed at the pharmacy, and picked up take-out Mexican. It felt like Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I know you gave a compliment, because you gave it to me ((rolling laugher and wink)). Love you to pieces, Ann. smiles

    Have a great day and I am not a fan of your governor either, lolol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My most recent and favorite Disney movie was Cinderella with Lily James as Cinderella. I like her as an actress, especially in the The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society movie (which wasn't a Disney movie, but an excellent story). Not familiar with Justin Bieber, and don't have any interest in him. We used to watch the Simpsons. They are funny, and a sad commentary on family life in America. You and I are both blessed to have our family close by and able to see them. We are careful about appropriate "social distancing", but have been thankful for their help and fellowship. We will all be glad when this thing is over and done with. Praying it will be sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your answers today.
    I didn't realize how wonderful living
    NORMAL could be until I didn't have it
    anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love puzzles, jigsaw, riddles and word, I love them all. EXCEPT for a Rubik Cube, I never could work that thing! lol Hope you're staying well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha. I've not heard that last statement in a while. My grandmother used to say it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just going to say EXACTLY what Country Dew did! I had a grandmother who said that as her farewell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom said it all the time. Almost daily. I think I'll make a post of some of the old saying I heard growing up.

      Delete
  11. I remember seeing the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I loved it, but ya know, I think I only saw it once. Weird. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dont think the Legend of Sleepy Hollow was in theaters but only on TV.. but I am not sure. I love the legends and stories of the Catskill mountains in NY state!Rich Dutch history.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.