Monday, April 6, 2020

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho

It's Monday afternoon as I write this, sunny and slightly warm as it is pushing 6o°F but there
is a chill in the air especially on the water. Birds are singing happily and a hawk is circling over head looking for fish.
This week is about work.

1. Describe the best job you ever had why was it good? (if it was awful, tell us about
that instead)
Working in a  lab doing medical  work.. Loved it. It was great because I worked independently and though the hours were long it never bothered me at all. I enjoyed solving medical problems.

2.  How did you learn to do your job? 
It requires a college education in pre-med  and  a hospital internship, then a you must pass testing from the American Society of Clinical Pathology to get your license.  My dad was  head chemist at a leading chemical company and  my mother was a registered nurse. I learned to love science at an early age. My favorite toy was my microscope.

3. You are now in charge of your town's public relations committee.. Tell us why we need to move to your town.
My town has a lot to offer.  Situated on Barnegat Bay and extending over to  the Barrier
The bay , barrier island and open ocean
Island,  with our very own ocean beach on the barrier island, it has plenty of beautiful beaches and parks and baseball/soccer fields to play in.  There is canoeing in the beautiful Pine Barrens on cedar water creeks that flow into the ocean and lots of camping and hiking. Wind surfing is also a big sport  in summer.
We have many marinas where you can keep your boat or rent a boat for a day visit.
In the summer we have concerts in the park with fireworks and in the nearby island towns there are fireworks every Wednesday evening in summer.
Our schools are great and we offer easy access to both Philadelphia and New York City.
 Restaurants serve freshly caught fish the food is great here.
Crime is low in this area and the people are great.


4. 
It's lunch time! Build your perfect sandwich for us.. what's in it and on it and what's in our cups?
Here's one I really like.
Thinly carved turkey on Ezekiel bread, topped with cole slaw, swiss cheese and Russian dressing. In New Jersey it's called a Sloppy Joe or Turkey Joe. Some put Pastrami on them , etc. 
I use thin turkey, non-dairy cheese on mine. 
Yes, I know that Sloppy Joes can also be ground beef in tomato sauce and yes, we do eat those as well, but this is very popular here.
 
In our cup is lovely hot Postum or Pero with powdered non-dairy Creamer , cinnamon and a sprinkle of nutmeg on top. Creamy and rich!!

Thanks for joining in friends. Hope you will join in every week.


6 comments:

  1. Yum, I'll be right over for lunch, grin. Your area is so lovely, sigh...p.s. science is not my thing, hence, why I choose History, LOLOL.

    Have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sandwich sounds and looks good. What is Ezekial bread?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I realized you did medical technology! I wanted to do that originally when I went to college, but I am terrible at math. Well, I was not ready to study at that age. I was good at science though. I know it makes no sense. Loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Medical work is so important.. I was so proud of our daughter who was a cancer researcher out of college for about 6 years before the kiddoes came along.. when she became a full time m,om. for which I am even more proud.. but waht would we do without our medical staffers, doctor's nurses, aides, therapists, and researchers. That sandwich looks amazing. I've never had any Ezekiel bread. I know many who really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet problem solving is very satisfying. You have a beginning, a middle and, hopefully, an end! I hate those projects that just go on and on, pointlessly.

    Your sandwich looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your medical job sounds like it was very challenging and interesting. I didn't know this about you! Always something new to learn! You've led a very interesting life! That sandwich sounds amazing! Certainly better than my peanut butter and banana sandwich! LOL. I've never had Postum. I like hot Ovaltine. The original malt, not the chocolate flavor. I find it very relaxing before I go to bed some nights, esp. in winter. There's no caffeine, so it calms me down and fills my empty places before sleep. I know you love your community. It certainly is beautiful. I probably wouldn't recommend my little town to people unless they came here first and looked around. It's not for everyone. But we are happy here, especially because we have our kids living here and our church is wonderful. That makes a BIG difference. And it is a peaceful, small town in the "country", but close enough to a larger town to make it convenient. However much of the town is undeveloped and rather "rough" around the edges. There are lots of little lakes and ponds if you want to find places on the water that are reasonably priced. But the area is mostly comprised of either retired or lower income families. The schools are decent but not what you'd consider highly academic. It works for us since we aren't raising children here, but as I said, it's not for everyone. We are content and thankful to be here.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.