Saturday, June 13, 2020

The Rain, The Park and Other Things

Another Saturday.

Saturday 9
"What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"

  The Rain, The Park, and Other Things (1967)
 Hear the song HERE



1) The Cowsills were a family band who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing siblings? Here is a short list:
  • The Osmond Brothers. 
  • The Lennon sisters
  •  Carpenters. 
  • Jonas brothers.
  •  Nelsons. 
  • Everly Brothers. 
  • Isley brothers. 
  • Van Halen.
  • Jackson 5

2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and "Daydream Believer." What's your favorite Monkees song?

I'm a Believer and 2nd would be  Daydream Believer.


3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister, TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you ever watch it?

Yes. I liked the Partridge Family.
But the true Cowsill story was sad.
You can read about that HERE

4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are there flowers in your home right now?
Yes in my front window plants.

5) He isn't sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a recent dream you had.
I don't recall any current dreams, sorry.

6) At the height of the Cowsills' popularity, they were hired by the American Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your refrigerator right now, would we find any milk?
Yes, always. I love milk.

7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather stay with friends/family?

Depends on the hotel and on the friends/family too.  A really nice place I have no problem staying, otherwise no thanks I will camp out.

8)  In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in your future?
I haven't been to a wedding in a very long time and none are planned either.

9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish?
I suppose, probably most people's are


12 comments:

  1. What a pretty new header, smiles. As always, I enjoy your answers, Ann. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this song well. It was popular when I was a senior in high school. Thank you for sharing the true story of their lives. Very sad. That happens all too frequently in famous families. Happens in not so famous families too, but it is such a shame they had such a sad life. I guess the only good thing, like the father said, at least they weren't prejudiced. In today's society that is an important virtue. Have a blessed day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even heard of The Cowsill's. I will have to learn about them. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geez! I have totally heard them before. Just listened to the song. Their name does not sound familiar though, so I must not have known their band name. I visited the link you left and what a sad story. What is with those dad's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. forgot about I'm a believer... yes maybe that was the favorite... Mickie was my fave boy
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color
    ps I miss going to the shore there... now we're in CO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes the Isley Brothers and Lennon sisters.I love milk to but I have to drink Lactaid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you seen Family Band? It's available on Amazon Prime. Difficult to watch, but now I really admire "little" Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to check out Family Band. Didn't one of the Cowsills die recently?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad that the entertainment we enjoy can come at such a horrid cost for the performers !
    That kind of abuse never really leaves the children...a dastardly legacy . Hopefully there is peace for the survivors .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.