Friday, July 10, 2020

Sunset on the Bay

Sunset is hard to beat for beauty.  It paints the world majestic colors and heaves you wanting more.  You hate to see it go but then, the inky sky breaks out in moon ,stars and fireflies and there is more beauty to see.

Meanwhile, we are under a tropical storm warning here. First of many for the summer I am sure.
 Ocean County, New Jersey
 WIND - LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Equivalent Tropical Storm force wind - Peak Wind Forecast:  to 50 mph - Window for Tropical Storm force winds: early Friday .  
Batten down the hatches.
 

I'm joining with Skywatch Friday and Friday Photos.
All photos taken in my own neighborhood with Android phone or my Canon camera.
'Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn"  – Ralph Waldo Emierson

" The clouds, like cotton candy, stuck to the sky" –A K. Jaeger

“Twilight fell: The sky turned to a light, dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars." – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter 'Order of the Phoenix

"Softly the evening came with the sunset" — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"When the sun has set, no candle can replace it"  — George R.R. Martin
"The sun broke out in flames across the darkening sky leaving us breathless " –A.K. Jaeger


“If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” – Nathan Lord

12 comments:

  1. Son impresionantes los cielos, que has captado en tus bellas fotografías. Las he podico contemplar a través del blog del amigo Bill Burke.

    Saludos desde España

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a talent for tagging your beautiful photos with the perfect quote !
    I'm especially taken by the two quotes by a favorite author...the one about
    the sun's flames does , indeed leave us breathless !
    Have a safe and splendid day, my friend...weather not withstanding !

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. - LOVE the sand pipers / plovers...dear little birds by my favorite ocean ! Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a sky watcher, too. These are awesome fotos! 💜 Happy Friday to you... Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I read where you will be getting that tropical storm...I regardless of the weather, have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! gorgeous header and gorgeous sky shots ~ Awesome ^_^

    Be Safe, Be Well,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! Those are some gorgeous skies! Thank you for sharing them with us. Beautiful! I hope the storm doesn't do you any harm. Praying!! have a safe and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are gorgeous skies! Please stay safe with those high winds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each photograph had a perfect quote under it, I thought. I hope and pray that you are safe. We had 70 mile an hour winds predicted for day before yesterday. It was night. We had rain, thunder, lightening and wind. We were suppose to have hail too. Got up yesterday, it was in the 90s. I didn't see any damage anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely variety in your sky photos Ann. Have a wonderful week ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.