Monday, September 7, 2020

Tuesday 4...Music


Welcome to Tuesday 4 in honor and memory of Toni Taddeo!
This week let's talk about music and songs that you love.

1.Can you name songs that remind  you of autumn , spring, winter or summer?
Autumn Leaves, September Song, April Showers, Theme from a Summer Place, See you In September, Autumn in New York, Moonlight in Vermont, Summer of '47 theme song. Then there is Seals and Crofts Summer Breeze.
Carolina in the Pines by Michael Martin Murphy reminds me of autumn and trips into the Poconos.


2.Do you like background music when eating or shopping? Do you play background music at home?
Yes but I like music that matches the theme of the restaurant. I don't like hearing rock and roll in a nicer restaurant and I don't want classical in a burger joint.
There was a nice Italian restaurant that played Sinatra tunes, etc. It was very understated and nice.
3.Christmas music begins playing some places as early as November just before Thanksgiving. Do you have a favorite Christmas song? If not, how about any seasonal song that you love?
I have always liked the song Silver Bells which I heard in a movie. I also like the Christmas Song.. (chestnuts roasting on an open fire) and Sleigh Ride by Anderson.

4. Songs bring back memories. Would you share a song that triggers memories, good or bad, for you?
Teacher by George Michael reminds me of a friend who was decapitated in a car accident the day after I had been talking to him. When I heard the news that song was playing.
Theme from a Summer Place reminds me of the beach.. always great memories because I live in a Summer Place. The entire summers of my junior and senior years in high school were spent on the beach every single day.



The list is probably pretty long for songs with memories attached.
My mother loved the theme from the movie the Apartment and had me play it on the piano all the time for her.

Thanks for joining in.
Our questions aren't deep just fun questions to get you talking, thinking and help you get to know fellow bloggers. 

9 comments:

  1. Theme from a Summer Place remind me of my mom. Anything Rogers and Hammerstein remind me of her too because we would watch their musicals together. Frank Sinatra remind me of my dad, especially New York because I went there with him. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for including "Oh , Sing To God" from "The Bishop's Wife" !
    The boys' choir rendition moved me to tears ! We don't focus enough on that which is truly meaningful...bless you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your questions and your replies today.
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really good set of questions, Annie! So much good music. I've been reminded of quite a few songs I haven't heard or thought of in ages. It's been fun to hear them again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great song choices! I like reading your answers. I am so sorry about your friend. That had to be so tragic for you and his family. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for doing this Annie. I am sorry I didn't participate today. My brain was elsewhere. But I LOVE that you included the song from The Bishop's Wife. I absolutely LOVE that song and that movie. My hubby and I sometimes try to remember all the words to that song and sing it when we are driving down the road or walking. We love it so much. You made my day with this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a sad story about your friend! It is amazing how our memores are so attached to music. Loved your answers! Have a great week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad about your friend. Our memories do fade as we age, but there are songs that I can still to this day remember every word to. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.