Saturday, November 7, 2020

For All We Know

First...this wonderful short video to encourage us all in these trying times.

  Now...Saturday 9: For All We Know (1971)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) This song is about newlyweds looking ahead to a happy life together. What are you looking forward to today? A happier life.

2) They look forward to getting to know one another better. Tell us about someone who knows you well. Is it the person who has known you the longest? I don't think anyone knows me best as I am a very reserved person. I find most people have a very skewed view of who they think I am. I am always amazed how little they know me.

3) The song lyrics are credited to "Robb Wilson" and "Arthur James," but those aren't their real names. Robb Royer and Jimmy Griffin were founding members of the 70s soft-rock group Bread. Are you familiar with that band? If so, do you have a favorite Bread song? (Find their greatest hits here.)
Yes. Most of Bread's songs were good.
 
4) Richard Carpenter discovered this song on his afternoon off when he and sister Karen were on tour. He took a few hours to unwind at  the movies, heard this song in the film Lovers and Other Strangers, and decided it would make a perfect Carpenters record. How do you like to unwind?  I listen to music and play a game or watch a movie.

5) Karen Carpenter drank unsweetened iced tea, every day, all year long. Do you prefer your tea hot or cold?  I like hot most of all.

6) Elvis was a fan of Karen's and, according to the recollection of singer Petula Clark, hit on her when she and Clark visited him backstage in Vegas. Pet recalled Karen was very innocent and said, "I felt responsible for her so I got her out of there." Tell us about a time when you looked out for a friend. I warn friends of scams etc that I see going on.


7) President Richard Nixon was a Carpenters fan, too, and invited the duo to perform at the White House at an official dinner for West German Chancellor Willy Brandt. If you could hear anyone perform live in an intimate setting, like a dinner party, who would you choose?  I would choose someone with a great voice, like Johnny Mathis, Mel Torme, Michael Feinstein.

8) Today Richard collects classic automobiles. He has a 1964 Ford Thunderbird, like the one Beach Boys sang about in the song "Fun, Fun, Fun." Can you think of another song that mentions a car?
Little Deuce Coupe, My 409, both beachboy songs also.
9) Random question: Do you tend to feel more content at the beginning of the day, or at the end? I would say its about equal.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that wonderful video !
    How nice to be reminded to care for our inner world and that taking the time to relax and regroup is not only pleasant , but vitally necessary in coping with the outer world .
    Wishing you a happy day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grinning about #2. I hope you have a beautiful day, hey, I loveeeeeeeeeeee your look here, loveeeeeeeeeeee the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a good Saturday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting answer to #2. I suppose that is right for a lot of us. We only reveal ourselves to a select few. Most people only get to know a certain part of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your answer to #2 is how mine is. I found that question hard to answer because I do not share everything about myself with anyone.
    I love The Beach Boys. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scams are horrid, aren't they? I get calls almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your background. Did you paint that? I want to change my background too. I love Beach Boy songs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really have an outstanding blog design. Scam Calls.. ugh. We have an answering machine and the other numbers are blocked as well. It's the only way to block scam calls.
    Most of us don't share a lot of ourselves on line. God knows us, which is sufficient, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.