Monday, November 16, 2020

Tuesday 4... Fun



Fun Times

Hey friends! Welcome to our Tuesday 4 where we remember our friend Toni Taddeo with 4 questions each week.

This week is all about fun times.

 1. Did you as a child or do you now like amusement parks, going out to places of entertainment? (theaters, themed parks, etc.) 

Yes. I liked going to amusement parks as a kid. As an adult I loved Lagoon in Farmington, Utah, north of Salt Lake.  It had a western town that I adored visiting and an old Victorian farm house I could sit in a glider at and pretend.


2. Which rides/parks did you enjoy the most or what snack foods to you enjoy when you are out and about?  I loved the Merry Go Round at Asbury Park when I was little. It was gorgeous and housed in a huge round rotunda. Very elegant. The carousel had 72 animals on it and was magical. I've never seen one as glorious. Asbury Park itself was a gem. Everyone dressed up in their best to go walk the boardwalk there.   Even

Asbury Park old Carousel 

Christie's   had an auction house on the boards.  Walking on the Boardwalk was just such a lovely way to spend the day.  The convention hall was very beautiful and hosted big concerts including the Beatles at one time.

 .

Watchung Mountains.
 

3. When you were a kid, what activities /games/places brought you the most enjoyment?

I liked riding horses and hiking in the Watchung mountains with my Dad. I loved feeding the
ducks at  Echo Lake in Mountainside, NJ.

 

I loved sitting at the train station with my grandfather watching the trains come in a out on the old Jersey Central line.
4. Would you share with us a fun time or great trip that you've experienced?  

 

Lake Placid

I think one of the finest times I had was a huge family trip to Lake Placid. We all had houses to stay in and got together to eat out, hike in the Adirondacks, take a boat ride on the lake, and to have family dinners at houses.  Uncle John made his famous Potato Salad and life was good!  We hiked through the High Falls gorge and I was afraid as could be of the bridge I had to walk across. Another group helped me across by chanting.. you can do it.. you can do it! And, I did.

Downtown Lake Placid has cute shops and a gorgeous inn, and lovely places to eat.  You are also not too far from Malone, NY where Almanzo Wilder's (Little House on the Prairie) father had his horse farm which was one of the finest in America at the time. You can visit it there.
 The lake is 1000 feet deep in places. You can take excursions on the lake, shop downtown or just see the mountains and the places that hosted the winter Olympics.

High Falls Gorge scared me!








I made it across but I would not do it again.

15 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. That bridge reminds me of a bridge we went on at the Royal Gorge by Pikes Peak in Colorado. Funny how one picture can trigger a memory. You family vacation sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little ones - the two friends on the carousel horse and the Little Miss in the stream..so adorable...such innocent good times and wonderful memories !
    Coming here is such a lovely way to start my day...Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stories and pictures. Wonderful memories of happy times. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos and your memories from the Lake Placid trip sound like such an amazing vacation, especially with it being a huge family trip. That had to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The merry-go-round is stunning!
    I am not afraid of heights so the bridge would not be an issue for me. What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your answers, but the pictures of your Lake Placid trip have me wanting to visit! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely rotunda! Our local amusement park has a lovely old merry-go-round in a vintage gazebo type pavilion. It's well known among amusement park enthusiasts I hear. It's not as grand as the one at Asbury Park, but beautiful just the same. Another park from my childhood had the most magnificent beasts you can imagine to ride. You know, I think you've given me an idea for tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots, but the high gorge photos made me scream a little!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous pictures and that carousel! I love carousels. We should go on it together! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were brave! I honestly don't think I could cross a bridge like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very brave, smiles. I am afraid I am with you on that--you and I would be squealing all the way, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of people mentioned loving the Merry Go Round. That trip to Lake Placid looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like heights either, I will confess! Although I probably would have walked it, just to get some nice pictures, and enjoy the view! So fun to hear your childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Olá Annie. Gostei tanto do seu blog que resolvi segui-lo. Sou portuguesa e considero inspirador conhecer outros lugares. Gostei de ouvir a música que colocou no blog e do que fala nos seus posts.

    Coisas de Feltro

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.