Sunday, December 20, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Hi. Time for Sunday Stealing

1What’s your favorite thing about the holidays?


Being with people.

2Do you send out Christmas cards and if so how many do you send?
I send out Chanukah and Christmas cards to my friends.

3Be honest: holiday newsletters. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? I have never gotten one but I think I would love them!!

4 Be honest: photo cards. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? Again, I would love them.
 

5How soon do you start shopping? Well, I shop when I can get someone to take me. So far.. no luck but, not much interested right now either.

6Real or fake tree? I think a fake would be best as a real one would dry out right?

7When do you put up your tree? Right now I have a ton of fallen down trees in the yard .. hehehehe but December is when trees go up, though many do it on Thanksgiving.

8When do you take down your tree? When I get the energy.

9Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type) 7 feet tall with lots of red and candles. That sounds nice to me.

10What do you top your tree with? Umm, I would choose a star.

11Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?  I began a few years ago to do this when Christmas came under attack because I said I would do just that if it was attacked. I kept my word.  If Chanukah gets attacked, which will be next I suppose, I will put a giant chanukiah on the roof instead of in my front window!!  Leave religions alone!!

12Is there a wreath hanging on your door? Usually yes.

13Do you hang up stockings? Yes to dry in the bathroom ;)

14 Your favorite Christmas Movie(s) Well, I have a lot of these. I love A Christmas Carol and its my favorite book actually. Its about loving your fellow man and makes some very important points

15Be honest: A Christmas movie you hate. I don't know that many to have any to hate!

16Favorite Christmas Song(s) I do like the song from Meet Me in St. Louis.. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Judy sings it so well.

17Be honest: If I hear this/these Christmas songs again I will throw up.  Oh that awful Maria Carey All I want for Christmas.   

18Give or Receive? Both are fine.

19Eggnog or Mulled Cider? Egg Nog is rich and creamy so  it gets my vote.

20Ham or Turkey?  Well come on now.. it for sure ain't EVAH gonna be ham in da house.. so Turkey! However.. I like home made Chinese Egg rolls ... can't wait.


8 comments:

  1. You will have to share your egg roll recipe. I am going to share my hubby's recipe for Mexican Hot chocolate for Tuesday 4. Love your header with the tree there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I didn't include my family newsletter in my card to you. I usually just send it to family and people who aren't on Facebook or who I interact with frequently, but I always write one and put it inside a card. Mostly because over the years we have moved so often that people never knew where to send a card to, so I had to send out a newsletter early enough if I wanted anyone to send us any Christmas cards! LOL. Yes, I would like to see your egg roll recipe too. I've never made them before, but I do love them. There is a restaurant here that serves "Cowboy Eggrolls", and they have smoked brisket in them with their kind of coleslaw. They are very good. They are supposed to just be an appetizer, but the last time I went there I ordered that for my entree, with a side salad. They were that good! I also love A Christmas Carol. I do hope you will have a blessed and beautiful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay , eggrolls ! Yours are sooo good !!!
    Your header is lovely...crisp , cold and...hopeful ! Thank you !
    You and your family are wrapped in the prayers all those who love you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about the Mariah Carey song. It is a good song, just way over played. Loved your answers! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Susan - share the eggroll receipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same about Mariah Carey.
    Merry Christmas!
    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birds are a good reminder of the life that's out there, and unaffected by our plague.
    I take my tree down whenever I feel like I want to live without the beauty of it. Since it's Artificial, that works out great!
    we, I, used to hang a Wreath on the front door but it had to be wired to the security door and it got to be a pain.
    Home made egg rolls for Christmas dinner sounds fab. My daughters and I used to make them, though not for Christmas, and they are a great choice.... so delicious!
    Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flying seagulls very cool indeed. I enjoyed your answers MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.