Thursday, January 14, 2021

Playing Cards

I  decided to learn to play cards.  I never really did before except Old Maid as a kid.  To help out I have been reading about card games and the terms associated with them.

So here is what I learned today in reading about card games:

When do you play the trump card?  At the end of the game when all looks lost in the game.

"The trump card is the winning card. If you play a trump card during a game of Spades, it means that you take the whole trick — in other words, you'll pick up every card on the table."

I thought this was interesting in light of having a President with the name Trump. 

Do  you remember the song sung by Kenny Rogers called The Gambler?

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

This is good advice my friends!

Are you learning anything new and interesting lately?

5 comments:

  1. Love that song and most all Kenny Rogers music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also the last trump of God. *wink* Kinda fitting, maybe?
    I used to play cards all the time. Steve played penny poker when he first started with the phone company in 1966. I couldn't tell you how to play now. I've forgotten all of the rules now.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song is great advice for poker players. My brothers and their friends played a lot of poker when they in their teens. Momma wouldn't let them play for money, so they played for match sticks! I love to play cards, my cousin and I used to play canasta for hours and hours, that was before we married and had our family. I still play solitaire, every day. Momma and I would play gin rummy a lot during the summer monthes. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's post brings back wonderful memories of my Nana and I playing gin rummy after the chores were done .
    Thank you !!!
    Stay warm and well , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today's post went over everyone's heads. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.