Friday, March 12, 2021

Too Ra Loo Ra...

While it was 70 Friday, its in the 30's again today. See why I don't like Spring? Its Laodicean.. neither hot nor cold but lukewarm and meaningless.

Saturday 9: Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral (1944)

 Selected because this Wednesday is St. Patrick's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it Here



1) Bing Crosby sings that he learned this song from his mother. Can you recall a song from your early childhood?
3 Little Pigs
 
2) Bing was NBC's first choice to play TV's Columbo. He turned down the role because, by that time, he was in his 60s and just didn't feel like working a full week anymore. Peter Falk eventually got the part and played Det. Columbo for 10 seasons. Do you enjoy detective stories, whether on TV, in movies or in books?
Glad it was Falk rather than Bing. I like Robert Spenser and Agatha Christie, as well as other mysteries a lot.
 
3) Bing could trace his family back to County Cork. While it's said that on St. Patrick's Day

everyone is Irish, can you honestly claim Irish heritage?
 My  paternal great grand parents were born and raised in Ireland. Their kids moved down to Scotland for work.  My grandfather came to the USA when he was in his 20's. My last name (not the married name.. my REAL name) is Irish.
4) Other than St. Patrick, what is Ireland famous for?
Saving civilization during the dark ages.

5) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day?
 My eyes are green, I wear it every day!

6) Have you ever had green beer? No, thank you. I rarely drink but if I do it would be a Sam Adams beer.

7) Have you ever ordered a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's? Another no thank you. Fast food is poison and tastes awful. 

8) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm?
No but I hear they are magically delicious. Oh.. well that's in the next question isn't it?  No such thing as luck really.

9) Speaking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious.  What brand of cereal is in your kitchen right now?
Imported Flavahan's Irish Oatmeal. European foods are non-GMO. I avoid American cereal like the plague.


10 comments:

  1. I believe "Irish eyes are smiling" on you now! Lovely post. I like detective stories...we've been watching "The Saint" series with Roger Moore lately. It's a lot of fun. Happy Friday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't remember any songs from my childhood but I did have a Chip monks record and sang to that often. "Alvin!" LOL
    I'm almost entirely Irish, with Scottish and English thrown in for good measure.
    The food pyramid is a lie. And I agree, American cereal is sugar-coated poison. We're not supposed to eat animal food anyway. We're supposed to eat the animals that eat the animal food. Almost all processed foods are deadly to our health because of the added HFCS. It's making millions of Americans fat, diabetic and have heart trouble. We can thank the government for all that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have pretty eyes just like my mom had. What happened to your picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had green eyes, mine are just hazel.
    Have a good Saturday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green eyes are really pretty!! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. Did I ever tell you about my husbands great grandfather Perly? He got kicked out of Scotland and then Ireland for being a drunkard and troublemaker. Yep...and settled here where we currently live.

    Have a great weekend, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool that you have Irish ancestry! I love that. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had my DNA done. I have "known" that I'm Irish and Scottish and I'd be terribly disappointed to find out that I'm not! (though I know there is a bit of German in there somewhere)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.