Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Interests and Hobbies.

Hi friends!  Today is Tuesday 4. I think Toni would be glad we go on with it! Blogging was something she so enjoyed and just one of her many talents. She really was an incredible lady. I miss her quite a lot.

 Welcome to Tuesday 4 kept up in honor of Toni Taddeo.  Let's talk today about your interests and hobbies.

1. What are your interests and hobbies? .. reading? writing? collecting?  I enjoy railfanning.. watching trains both in person and   with  on live YouTube in Revelstoke British Columbia, Fair Port NY, La Grange, Kentucky and Paradise, Pennsylvania mostly.

  I used to collect music boxes and clocks but no more. I am interested mainly in people and why they do what they do. It's one reason I took up anthropology. I play piano at least once a day but, its not something I consider a hobby.. just a great interest. 

Painting is also a hobby, and doing art on Photoshop as well. I do that for hours each week too.

2 How much time a week/day/month do you devote to your interests? I devote hours to railfanning each week and to the piano. I devote a few days a week to anthropology.

3. Do you share your interests with anyone?  Lately, as the Famous Anonymous has gotten into horses, we share that interest.   I think most people find my interest in anthropology a bit boring and excessive.

4.Tell us why you enjoy your hobby, pastimes or interests.


As a child my grandfather used to take me to watch the trains come and go at our local station. We did it so much that it became a big part of my life.   My parents and my grandmother plays piano very well. My grandmother was much in demand and played professionally in 3 churches. She made a decent living doing that during the depression. She was very skilled on the pipe organ.. probably the most difficult instrument to play.  I learned by watching her. She also gave lessons but not to me.. I just learned from watching.

I took anthropology at Rutgers University and it became a very serious side line for me. I am fascinated by people and why they do as they do. I am also very interested in ancient people.I've come to learn that much of what we believe is not the truth.


I hope you will join us again next week and if you have ideas for topics you'd enjoy or like to see on Tuesday 4 please let me know! Contact me here or on Facebook.  I'd love for you to be part of this as well.



11 comments:

  1. I miss Toni too. I loved her poems. She was very talented. My grandpa liked trains and worked for the railway in the late 20's. My grand daughter has been taking horse riding lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! I think we all miss Toni! My Grandpa and then my son Shawn love trains! My Grandpa passed in 1997 and after my Grandma passed about 5 years ago, all of this trains were inherited by my son and he loves playing with them. There is a train that runs right behind my office & warehouse buildings. I get to see it every morning when I arrive for work and then it comes through a few times again during the day. It makes me smile and think of my Grandpa. I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you are at all interested in this old post I did but you reminded me of it with your comments. I can't find a webcam for this train any more but I'm still looking. I love at webcams of some of the towns we've traveled to over the years and love seeing them!
    https://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-did-i-take-this-photo.html
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom and sister plays the piano and Mom tried too teach me but I never really caught on. I painted in high school and college and need too get back to it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of railfanning. But hubby and I do something similar. We watch planes. We love to go to a viewing area and watch planes land and take off. Plus we have an app on our phones we use to find out where planes flying over our home are going and coming from. So very fun. I googled railfanning and found out there are some sites near us. We may have to check it out. Very interest post. Thanks again for keeping the Tuesday 4 going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're multitalented! I knew you are a wonderful artist and love the trains. Didn't know about the piano playing nor the anthropology. How could anyone be bored with that?! I'd love to hear you play. I wish I had a musical talent. I did sing before my neck surgery. The doc had to move my larynx out of the way to reach the vertebra to be fused and I've lost my range since then. That's Ok. I'm very grateful to not be in such horrible pain anymore. Thanks for sharing your interests! Enjoyed this post a lot. Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also love to hear you play the piano, but even better to watch. I enjoy watching people play and see how they put themselves into it. I would also love to see how you do your paintings. I wish I could paint. I used to draw and used colored pencils/charcoal, etc., but never learned to paint. As you know, my father collected toy trains and had quite an extensive village and collection. It was something we grew up with, but I never really got to be around real trains that much. I would love to take a scenic train trip. I've been on one up through the Crawford Notch of the White Mountains in NH. But that was short and sweet. Oh, also a trip up the side of Mt. Washington on the Cog Railroad. Now THAT was a TRIP!! All aboard!!! Thanks for doing this again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty awesome about you watching the trains. You have several hobbies. That is very interesting about the piano players in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy your answers.
    I am a TV junkie and love movies.
    I also love playing Nintendo with my husband.
    Have a good day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen your pictures of railfanning. That is a neat story why you do that and very cool story about how you learned to play piano. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and now I know why we get along so fine, grin. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.