Friday, July 30, 2021

I Prefer Baseball...

Hello friends.. happy Saturday! 


[Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!]

Saturday 9: Dead Skunk (1972)

Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a poor dead skunk that stinks "to high heaven." Have you ever experienced the spray from a skunk?
Yes, we can smell that around here a lot of times. While I live by the seashore, there are pine barrens behind me and lots of animals there.

2) Dennis Oliver, a disc jockey in Quincy, IL, played this song every night at 9:00 PM for decades. The only thing that got him to stop was being moved to the morning slot. What song do you never tire of? 

3) At Georgia Tech's Russ Chandler Stadium, the fans sing this during the 7th inning stretch of their baseball games. Do you know the lyrics of the more conventional 7th inning choice, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame?"
I do! 
Take me out to the ball game,


Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.


4) This week's featured artist, Loudon Wainwright III, can play many instruments, but is said to enjoy banjo and ukulele best. If you could magically become proficient on any instrument right now, which would you choose, and why?

5) He appeared as Capt. Spalding on several episodes of M*A*S*H in the 1970s. If you could transport yourself into the world of your favorite TV show, which would you choose?
The Nelson's with Ozzie, Harriet , David and Ricky. 

6) Loudon's mother was a yoga instructor. What did you most recently do for exercise?
Yoga. I mostly do face yoga which keeps your face line free and younger looking.

7) He went to St. Andrew's School in Delaware, where the movie Dead Poet's Society, starring Robin Williams, was filmed. When you think of Robin Williams, do you recall his dramatic movie roles, his funny movies, his comedy routines, or Mork from Ork?
I think of him in so many... Mrs. Doubtfire, Dead Poet's Society, The Birdcage, Good Will Hunting... so many. I miss him.
8) In 1973, when this song was popular, Norman Mailer created a great deal of buzz with his book about Marilyn Monroe. Do you read many biographies and memoirs? Or do you prefer to read fiction?  I do like biographies and have read quite a few. I also like fiction equally well. 

9) Random question: You're on the road, traveling through a town you've never been in before, and ready to stop for a quick bite. On one side of the street is a cute little diner called Mom's. On the other side is McDonald's. Which do you choose?  

Mom's of course. See the post before this to see why... I love diners. New Jersey is famous for diners and Mom & Pop restaurants. Every town has a ton of them.





3 comments:

  1. Nothing worse than smelling a dead skunk, unless it's being sprayed by a live skunk. P.U.!!! Enjoyed your answers...and yes, "Mom's" of course. I try to avoid McDonald's and would only stop if there were absolutely no other choices and I had to go pee. LOL. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As to ballgames , unless someone I know is playing (usually a child !) I'm not much of a sports fan . That is clearly illustrated by the following story (abbreviated for kindness' sake )...A friend and his father took me to a ballgame once(operative word - ONCE) . They were engrossed in the action and turned to me in excitement , to get my reaction to an important play . "Did you see that ?!?!" ,they asked . "Actually , no , I was watching those cute kids over there...they're having such fun !". They turned back , in disgust...greatly regretting the expense involved in my presence ! People watching is more fun for me than sports...sorry .
    And , YES ! , Mom's Diner is always better than fast food !
    Support the Mom and Pop businesses...there are precious few left !
    Have a wonderful day and enjoy your lunch !

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a mom and pop restaurant just down the road from my house. It is so good. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.