Friday, August 20, 2021

Saturday 9.. and More

Rain, rain go away. Come again another day.  So goes the old chant. We are expecting a hurricane later today or tomorrow.. not looking forward to it since "Sandy" did so much damage we are still recovering from.  I am 4 blocks or so from the open bay.. so hoping things are mild.

I will post the Tuesday 4 early  in case I lose power.

Here is Saturday 9...
  Woman in Love (1980)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Barbra dreams of love. What's something you've been dreaming of, or wishing for, lately? (It doesn't have to be romantic.)
a new roof, and man could I use a vacation. Right now hoping thie hurricane does not do too much damage to my town.

2) She sings that she and her lover are oceans apart. Tell us about someone who is far away, and that you wish was nearer this Saturday morning.
My good friend Lee  in Texas.
 
3) This was a #1 hit for Streisand, so popular it knocked Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" out of the top spot on the charts. Are you a Freddie Mercury/Queen fan?  Yes, I liked Queen!

4) This song was written specifically for Barbra by Barry and Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees. During the late 1970s, when the Bee Gees were riding high on the success of the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, she let them know she was a fan and would love to record one of their songs. The collaboration went so well that they ended up writing not one but nearly a dozen songs for her. Tell us about something that went way better for you than you predicted it would.
Most things go better once I stop worrying so much.

5) Barbra traveled to Miami Beach to record this song in Barry's favorite studio. Have you ever been to Miami Beach?
Yes. I spent a month there in August with my first husband. He was a native Floridian.. southern accent and all.
 
6) Barbra went to Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn. She had a mad crush on one of her classmates. That boy was Bobby Fischer, who grew up to be an international chess champion. Do you remember one of your big high school crushes? Do you know whatever became of him or her?
No, I have no idea what happened to any of them.

7) Barbra is responsible for the Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai. It's dedicated to the study of heart disease, its impact on women, and the search for more effective treatment. If you could fund a not-for-profit, as Barbra has done, what cause would you champion?
I would help out St. Jude which I think is already a great charity.
 
8) In 1980, when "Woman in Love" was popular, Macaulay Culkin was born. He's best known for the Home Alone movies. Have you seen them? If yes, did you enjoy them?
I saw the first one and it was fun.
9) Random question: On social media, people keystroke LOL all the time. When is the last time you literally laughed out loud?
Tonight (Friday)

Please think about joining in for Tuesday 4! Link on the right side of this blog.



7 comments:

  1. The storm is supposed to hit us here on Long Island. I don’t live near the water but I am concerned. I hope you make it through without problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping the impact of Henri results in NO injury , loss of life , nor damage to anything !
    Go Out To Sea , Henri !
    Go Now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying the storm steers clear of you and does not cause you any distress...especially thinking about that roof! Praying you will stay safe and dry. Great answers, btw. I enjoyed Barbra Streisand's music, but not her politics. She has a remarkable talent for singing. I've often sang her songs in the shower where even I think I sound good. Or should I say, ONLY I think I sound good? LOL. I'm laughing out loud now. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the storm does not hit hard. I know you have mentioned roof problems. I love Barbra's music! I listened to her greatest hits on YouTube. Barry Gibbs and Queen. An oldies throwback night. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the hurricane does not do too much damage. That is scary. I like Queen too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! A hurricane? I haven't had the news on for a couple of days so I hadn't heard. Praying it ends up being a lot of nothing. I like St. Jude, too, and already give to it so I chose a different cause. I hope you've battened down the hatches or whatever you to do get ready for a hurricane. Be safe and have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure hoping you can escape any harm from the hurricane. We've had lots of rain the past couple of days and sure don't need any more. Have a great new week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.