Saturday, August 14, 2021

Smelly Cat.. Saturday 9

Happy weekend friends. I will be joining in for Saturday 9.

Saturday 9: Smelly Cat (1995)

Unfamiliar with this song? Hear it here. (warning: not a great song at all!

 
1) Poor Smelly Cat lives with negligent humans who refuse to take it to the vet. Who is the last doctor you spoke to (vet, MD, dentist, PhD ...)?
 An MD on Thursday no less.
2) This song was introduced during the second season of Friends. Were you a fan of the show?    

No I thought the characters were just to stupid. I watched a few minutes and was turned off by it and never bothered again.

3) On the show, the song was performed by Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), an amateur folk singer and a professional masseuse. There  was a debate on Reddit about massages -- some loved them because they are relaxing and therapeutic, others think it's "creepy to be undressed and handled by a stranger." How about you? Do you enjoy massages?    

Yes, they are beneficial for health.
 
4) During the run of Friends, Phoebe was roommates first with Monica and then with Rachel and finally with her true love, Mike. Tell us about one of your roommates.
 My grandmother was my room mate for years. She was wonderful! Could not have had a better one.

5) Phoebe often performed for tips on street corners or at her favorite coffee shop, Central Perk. Where is your favorite place to go for a cup of Joe?



My Kitchen! Best coffee in the world I think.

6) This song was originally called "Smelly Dog," inspired by a pooch named Gouda. The childhood pet of Friends writer Betsy Borns, poor Gouda could have smelled better. Is there an odor you'd prefer to never smell again?
Yes. Dying things
 
7) 35% of American households include a cat. Are there any pets at your house?  

 . I considered them friends rather than "pets". They have all passed on now.

8) In 1995, the year Phoebe first performed "Smelly Cat," Steve Fossett became the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific in a hot air balloon. Have you ever ridden in a balloon?  

No. Not something  think I would enjoy.
 
9) Random question: Looking over your romantic history, have you broken more hearts, or had your heart broken more often?
It was about 50/50 I think.



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on several of your answers today.
    You had a wonderful roommate.
    I only drink coffee at home and it's the best.
    Have a good Saturday!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother lived with us after my grandfather died,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love your header painting this week...it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My big sister was my roommate until she got married. Then my next roommate was my current one...we've been together now for 52 years, so I guess we are pretty good "friends". Never watched the show either. I think it was for the younger generation. And I don't drink coffee at all, but I would love to go out for tea in a nice tea room. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. It's raining here as "Fred" passes by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning !
    Wonderful header...cute kitty !
    Your paintings are so inviting - I want to BE there !
    Have to dash...making lunch for a friend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how nice to be roommates with your Grandmother! I would have enjoyed being roommates with mine too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's nice that you were roommates with your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.