Saturday, October 30, 2021

Werewolves of London. Sat 9

Friday was dark, extremely windy and slightly rainy: a real October day.  I wonder how November will be this year.


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Werewolves of London (1978)

Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here. 

 1) In this song, Warren Zevon sees a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand. He wanted beef chow mein. If we Saturday 9ers got together for Chinese, what would you likely order?

I'd call door dash to bring me an Italian meal at the Chinese place...sorry. I am no fan of Chinese food, it's far too salty and without the salt it's tasteless.

2) He also says the werewolf's hair was perfect. Are you having a good hair day?
Yes at least not a bad hair day.

3) Linda Ronstadt was a big Warren Zevon fan and recorded several of his songs. Do you have a favorite Linda Ronstadt song?

I think Somewhere Out There is nice.

4) Warren Zevon admitted being afraid of doctors and avoided check ups. Are you scared when you go to the doctor or dentist for a routine visit?
No, not too much. I was too the dentist for the first time in 10 years and had no cavities at all. I was pretty happy!

5) In 1935, the movie Werewolf of London was released. Do you enjoy being frightened by scary movies?
No, not at all.   E. Michael Jones, Catholic apologist and editor of Culture Wars Magazine proves in his writing that horror is a result of revolution and sexual promiscuity and sin.   He is right. All revolution over turns the moral and social order which makes people act out their passions. Acting out their passions makes them out of control.   Here is a video that talks about this.

6) In your younger days, did you ever trick or treat while dressed as a monster?
No. I never did.  I just had everyday kind  of costumes like cowboy, clown, etc.

7) When you were a kid, what sweet treats were you happiest to receive?
I always liked Snickers.

8) Can you see any Halloween decorations as you answer these 9 questions?
My light up pumpkins.

9) Halloween is most popular in the United States and Canada, and isn't really celebrated at all in Japan or South Korea. How would you explain our Halloween customs to a visitor from another land?
It is a holiday that began to honor Christian martyrs. Halloween is holy eve, then right before all saints day. Some pagan/heathen customs invaded this (to destroy it really) and are celebrated by some up to this day.  Most holidays have been invaded but people must not allow it to destroy things.



7 comments:

  1. Great answers! I am trying to remember any outstanding costumes I might have had, but I can't. We usually just made up stuff from whatever we had. I was a beatnik in junior high, but I don't think we went trick or treating. Had a little party at home with friends. I like the fun and innocent side of halloween...children dressing up and having parties or trick or treating in safe environments, but staying away from the ugly side that some people have taken advantage of to show their true evil nature. Sadly, in this fallen world there will always be this light vs. darkness battle going on. We just need to be sure to let our own lights shine in the darkness. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend. I am so happy to hear you are finally going to get your new roof! That really makes me happy for you!!! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Chinese-American food, but have to respectfully disagree on authentic Chinese food--doesn't seem very salty to me. But then again, I'm not a fan of Italian, lol. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My most memorable costume was crafted by my mother during my freshman year in high school . I was a young lady from India , complete with black wig , darker pancake makeup(even on my arms !), black cat's eye eye liner and sari ! My classmates did not recognize me !Interesting that the crafted persona drew more attention than the real me underneath ...such is life .
    Fascinating interview ..thank you !!!
    Have a wonderful day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have it backwards, the Christian holy day was superimposed on a preexisting pagan holiday, Samhain. When the Church was converting pagans in Europe during the Dark Ages, many pagan holidays were converted to a Christian holy days.

    Honor the day however you choose. All Saints Day is an important day on the Christian calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, Samhain was pushed onto the Christian holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.