Saturday, November 6, 2021

Dreaming... saturday 9

 

Happy Saturday folks. 

November is rolling along and I have never seen time go by so quickly as it seems to be moving lately. Have you?   

Now the countdown is on for Thanksgiving, though I kind of dislike counting down to things as it tends to make you wish the month away and makes you not appreciate each day for it's own sake.   I want to enjoy each and every day.

I am joining in, a bit late in the day, for Saturday 9..they are a lot of fun.

Saturday 9: All I Have to Do Is Dream (1958)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.




1) Did you dream last night?   Yes. I hate dreaming. It has caused me to wake with palpitations and A Fib. Nope, dreams are bad, bad, bad even when the topic is good!

2) In this song, The Everly Brothers dream of kissing "lips of wine." Do you prefer red or white wine?

White wine.. mostly German variety.  Grapes, along with chocolate, give me migraine headaches. Even a single glass of wine will make me feel very sick so I do not drank.
 
3) In 1975, Rolling Stone ranked Phil and Don #1 on their list of the greatest duos of all time. Name another musical twosome.    Santo and Johnny, Simon and Garfunkle, Sonny and Cher, Carpenters.

4) Mike Love has acknowledged the influence The Everly Brothers had on The Beach Boys' harmonies. What's your favorite Beach Boys song?    God Only Knows is one but  I also like  Surfin Safari,  Fun, Fun, Fun (til Daddy takes the T Bird away.. my theme song years ago.)

5) The pressure of touring took its toll on the Everly Brothers' personal relationship, and those stresses spilled onto the stage. They once had a fight in front their audience that ended with Phil smashing his guitar and storming off. Have you ever busted something in anger?   Oh, baby have I ever!  Yup. Yup and Yup.  Rare.. but yeah, I have.
 
6) One of Don's friends was author/storyteller Garrison Keillor and that's how the Everly Brothers came to perform on Keillor's radio program, A Prairie Home Companion. Do you often listen to the radio or to podcasts?  I certainly do! I am an old time radio fan for sure.
 
7) The brothers chose to live in different cities and held opposite views on politics. Don said, "Everything is different about us, except when we sing." Do you have siblings? If so, are you more alike or different?  Not really. No.

8) In 1958, the year this song was a hit, Americans were doing the Cuban dance, the cha-cha-cha. Do you ever dance or sing when you're home alone?  Constantly
 
9) Random question -- Do you believe we each get one true love? No, I do not. 

This week Tuesday 4 WILL publish or heads will roll!!! Thanks for your patience. 



7 comments:

  1. Interesting questions and answers. I loved the Everly Brothers. I liked the song Dream Dream Dream...and I often have dreams. Seems like most of them are anxiety dreams. I rarely remember all the details except maybe the main theme, like trying to find a private bathroom. That is a recurring dream and everytime I think I find one, there is always an audience and no doors...LOL. Or it's in a strange location, or something else is weird about it. Usually corresponds with needed to get up and go...LOL. Good night. HOpe you are well. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. German wine, now I'm intrigued. I like white also and will have to look for this next time I'm at the store.
    I used to sing and dance all the time. Haven't done that much lately.
    As far as finding one true love and even though Steve is my everything (after God), I hold to the thought as Jane Austen once penned, “after all that is bewitching in the idea of a single and constant attachment, and all that can be said of one's happiness depending entirely on any particular person, it is not meant--it is not fit--it is not possible that it should be so." [Sense and Sensibility]
    How's the new roof and color going with your house? Have they started yet?
    I hope your weekend is blessed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might begin week of December 1. They are super busy. I chose Sierra Gray by Owens Corning. Its the 2nd lightest after Shasta White. The white lowers your interior temp by 50 degrees in summer.

      Delete
  3. I love the header! I don't like dreams much, I always wake up in the good part, then struggle to remember, and it all slips away...Pamela, I cannot believe I am not the only one who has those bathroom anxiety/lack of privacy dreams! I will be dreaming that I FINALLY found the restroom, and dang it, it's all made of glass, with a whole row of open toilets, right next to each other. I wake up all upset, and barely make it to the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost always have happy dreams and always have. I did dream one time that Josh died and I woke up so upset. I was a mess. It seemed so real, I couldn't stop crying.
    I love The Beach Boys. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning !
    Despite all the hints about the time change , I forgot about the clocks !
    The good news is that there is now an extra hour for breakfast and my favorite tea , before helping a friend with redecorating ! Have a splendid day !
    P.S.- Funny how odd dreams seem to call one to the loo !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #2 On the Cape here there is a winery and a distillery the next town over, but they are very expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.