Saturday, July 9, 2022

Time for Living

Saturday is usually time for Sam's Saturday 9.   

    


So on this rainy day I am joining in for the fun.   It is always time for living and making the most of your life.
I hope we can all do just that.

 Time for Livin' (1968)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune?     Hear it here.

1) This song is about taking "time for life." Do you have a busy, highly-scheduled Saturday planned? Or will you have an opportunity to just relax and enjoy?
I only plan dinner parties, which I love so much and holidays. Everything else is off the cuff usually.  And even though my family plan we are very loose about the details and very laid back much of the time.
 
2) Lead singer Larry Ramos begins by telling us he likes to kick off his shoes and go barefoot. How about you? Do you like to feel "the good earth under your feet?"
Yes! Grounding is very important for your health in every way especially if you have bone problems, auto immune problems but really any health problem at all.  You should spend many hours a day barefoot on the ground if you care about your health.  Rubber soled shoes are absolutely the worst thing in the world for your health and your feet.  People swear by the comfort but they need that extra comfort because they don't ground themselves. Its a vicious circle.    Leather soled shoes are best when wearing shoes.
 
3) He sings that once he took off his watch, he found he had all the time in the world. Tell us about your watch.
I have a Bulova in gold that was my high school graduation gift. A very expensive and dainty watch that I loved.   I had watches working in medicine too but the problem is watches stop on me.  My electrical body system kills them flat. They also will simply fall of me too.

4) With lyrics that include words like "grooving" and "hang-ups," this song is very much a product of its time.    Share some of the slang you used during your adolescent years.
I suppose "cool" was the most popular but its been around through many decades. "Whatever" was also big.
 
5) He sings that his attitude has been rearranged. What is something you have changed your mind about?
Well, religion requires repentance, constant repentance or it is not real.  Repentance requires change. I have changed over many things, probably dozens and dozens of things.

6) This week's group, The Association, was founded in Hawaii. Hawaii produces more pineapple than other state in the union.      When did you most recently have pineapple?
I don't recall the exact day but it was not long ago.   I really like pineapple and especially with whipped cream or cream cheese!  
Stella Doro made these puff ball cookies called anginetti and you mix cream cheese and some whipped cream together and add shredded pineapple and stuff the puff balls... Oh were they good!!  Stella Doro no longer makes Anginetti but I think you could stuff  cream puffs with this mixture and it would be sensational. Just dust the tops with powdered sugar or maybe a  thin sugar icing.
 
7) In 1968, when this song was popular, Jacqueline Kennedy married Aristotle Onassis. Think about the last wedding you attended. Were you closer to the bride or to the groom, or were you equally close to both?
The last wedding was my step son whom I raised, so I was closer to him.  Like my daughter they married on the ocean. He on a dock and my daughter in a gazebo on the beach.
 
8) In 1968, when this song was popular, Laugh In was America's #1 TV show and it made a star of Goldie Hawn.     Do you have a favorite Goldie Hawn movie?
I liked her in Private Benjamin which was a cute movie.
 
9) Random question: Who is the most recent person you made smile, and what did you do?
My kids tonight because I like to clown around and make them laugh.

Ann,

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try cream cheese with whipped cream and stuff it in something! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say cool and neato all the time! lol I wear an Apple watch and really love it! Can't imagine not having it now. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4...I still say cool and whatever a lot! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your "cool" answers! As far as watches go, I have an every day inexpensive watch with a black strap that I wear when I go out shopping, walking, etc. I used to have a very nice LLBean Camp Watch with a lifetime warranty, but they finally quit making them and the last time I needed it "repaired" they just sent me money instead. I just bought a new "dress watch" to wear to church, etc., yesterday, because the battery died on my other "dress watch", and we decided it was cheaper to just buy a new watch for $10.00 that looks very nice for all the more I wear it. When it dies, I'll get another. I only wear watches when I go out. As soon as I step in the house it comes right off. Your whipped cream/cream cheese/pineapple stuff sounds great. I last had pineapple in my coleslaw on the 4th of July. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi !
    Interesting post !
    My favorite thing to do on a Saturday is to spend it with a friend !
    Sometimes that includes a car ride for photo ops , sometimes shopping
    (Home Goods and T J Maxx are so cool !) . Most times , sitting , visiting and learning new things is the best !
    My Mom loved fresh pineapple ! A friend showed how they are prepared in Hawaii , so that was how Mom was served...she was delighted !

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband likes pineapple and cottage cheese.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.