Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Just Wondering



W
eather  today: 84F with some thunderstorms on the way but this morning it is sunny as can be.    Such are the ways of summer
and I must say that I miss thunder storms the rest of the year.    There are some in autumn and thunder snow is not unheard of and we did get a bit of that last winter but over all real good clappers are a summer thing.   They give a bit of  time off from heat and too much sun.   Too much sun??? Is there such a thing?  I decided for myself there was when I lived in Utah and summers were just one long sunny day.  It got old in a hurry.  I so wanted a cloudy, rainy day but you had to wait until monsoon season which was near the end of summer and of course in the mountains snow begins in late August or September.
One winter we had a 15 foot hill of snow in the drive way.  The kids used an old lawn chair to make a sled out of and had the time of their lives.   There was so much snow we had to move our mailbox 4 feet out into the street.   I walked out the back deck, down the stairs and into a 4 foot deep snow bank.   Still, I loved it there.

I am doing Toni's questions today.. I better since I host it now.

  Welcome. This was Toni's final Tuesday 4... let's revisit it today..


A Repeat ~ Just Wondering

1.   When was the last time you tried something new?:  
I am having to think hard on this one.  I suppose it was back around Thanksgiving when I tried Coke Zero and found it not too awful.
I am no fan of artificial sugars but I really wanted a coca cola.

2.   Who in your family do you compare yourself to?:

I am somewhat like my father I think.   The Famous Anonymous and the Little are very much like me.   It's scary sometimes but, who do I take after? I really am not too sure.
3.   What lesson in life did you learn the hard way?:
To follow my head with only a little input from the heart.
4.   What can you do today that you weren't able to do before?:
 Walk a bit better.  Enjoy movies more thanks to a friend.  A while ago I couldn't be bothered with movies, etc. and rarely watched.   Now I have found that some movies are absolutely worth the time to give a try and ones I avoided in the past I have now seen and enjoyed.

I hope if  summer is roasting you, that you get relief and rain for the dry places.





4 comments:

  1. So glad you are walking a bit better. That is a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am with you, I love thunder storms. I just do not have them much anymore. I like the gob smacking lightning splitting kind! Oh, well, I also love summer rains. if they wipe out some humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are walking better. That is always something that makes me glad in my own life too. It's good you've been giving some movies a try. I think there are many gems to be found amongst the dross. I tried Coke Zero on the recommendation of my brother. It's not too bad especially very cold and with ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so late in commenting on everyone's posts. I enjoyed your answers. I love a good storm too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.