Friday, August 5, 2022

The Creek

Okay. Enough is enough. Weeks fly by like crazy. I know time speeded up with the big Japan earthquake and tsunami but not this much! I hope you are not frying in the heat as most of the country seems to be doing. 

 Poor Lake Mead is farther down, the Colorado is way low and even in Germany the Rhine is drying up. It's a bad and scary situation in this Grand Solar Minimum that is plaguing us. Hits from the sun slow down WiFi and internet and make phones go wonky. If you've a mind to and like nudging your politicians, you might want to encourage them to stop giving priority water rights to foreign owned farms and begin giving priority to California farmers who need it desperately. The farms receiving extra special treatment are Saudi owned and really do not benefit the US at all. California however, is the veggie queen of the nation and we need their produce very much. 

Here it is Friday once again and just today was last Friday, I swear!! But here are some photos on this 100F day to give you something to look at besides whatever else you might be looking at. So there.  Behind my house is a cedar water creek that flows to the bay, which is on the east side of my house.  It's a great place to swim and canoe.  

Linking to Skywatch Friday.

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. "... Camille Pissarro

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting."....  Ralph Waldo Emerson
>
"When you leave a beautiful place, you carry it with you wherever you go. "...  Alexandra Stoddard
 

“The clouds don't overthink; they just drift.” ― Avijeet Das
My soul is full of longing for the secrets of the sea, and the heart of the great ocean sends a thrilling pulse through me.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

 

4 comments:

  1. Love that last quote by Longfellow. I've never heard it before but it really fits with how I feel when I'm at the ocean. The creek is beautiful....love all your pictures today. Hope you have a great weekend Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures, I like the reflections into the water !

    ReplyDelete
  3. de merveilleux reflets dans cet endroit idyllique.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.