Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Autumn This and That


Lovely weather and even the much needed rain of earlier Sunday was wonderful. We need more  rain and hopefully it is coming but here right
partly cloudy

smack on the coast the off shore winds sometimes push some changing weather away.  So, inland and western New Jersey are experiencing nice thunderstorms while rain here is over and done with.
Still, low 70's in the afternoon and 50°s in the evening are pretty perfect.   Trees are slowly gaining color but the peak is still a bit away.

I's time again for Tuesday 4 held in memory of Toni Taddeo it's founder and previous host.   Thank you so much for joining in and helping to keep this alive. It is much appreciated.


It's Autumn and temperatures in many places will be going down, days will be shorter and leaves will be tumbling down. 

Let's discuss these things.

1. Do lower temperatures bother you or make you uncomfortable and are you more of a warm climate person?

No, I love the chill of Autumn. I find it to be exhilarating and refreshing. Air is fresher and scents are keener. Light is less harsh and the world seems renewed.  Summer seems to tire me out and drag me down a bit.

2.  Do you like the colors associated with Autumn. Clothing wise do they look good on you?

I love deep dark brick oranges and reds, deep greens/ moss green and crisp dark golds.  I can wear winter colors best.. Royal Blue, lipstick  red, black and pure white.  But  I can get away with the fall colors too and like them very much.

3. Would you rather:… 

  • never done either
      … get lost in a corn maze or go on a hayride?   Hayride would be first choice.
  • … visit an apple orchard or a pumpkin patch ?    I would like to do both. never done either. 
  •  … eat a caramel apple or  a candy apple?    I like the caramel best of all.
  •  …Cinnamon buns or Pumpkin muffins?  Cinnamon buns!!!! Yes, yes, yes.
4. There are 7,500 varieties  of apple.  What is your favorite and do you like apple pie?
I use Granny Smith for my apple pies and then plenty of fresh butter, cinnamon and a touch of lemon juice.
For eating I prefer sweet apples like Fuji or Gala apples

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.