Thursday, September 15, 2022

Daybook

 
Thursday and I am linking with  The Simple Woman's Daybook..  


Looking out my window

It is cool today at 63

°

F and sunny but humid at 96% something I can well do without.  It just makes my spine hurt so much.

I am thinking

Of plans I have for the future and repairs needed for the house.. new water heater, two   windows and one sliding glass door that no longer operate. A leaning toilet, old messy shower and rusting kitchen sink.. all need replacing soon.
I am happy that autumn is almost here but a bit sad that summer flew by in the blink of an eye.   I actually enjoyed the heat this year.  My attitude of enjoying whatever weather is here has begun to pay off.   We spend too much time complaining.

I am thankful

For a new roof.  After years with a leaking mess my roof is new and secure, thank God so very much for this blessing.

One of my favorite things
Is looking forward to the autumn holidays to come and planning for them.

I am creating

I am recreating myself with exercise, hopefully.

I am wearing

Today I am wearing denim pants and a black tee shirt. My feet are in moccasins as usual.  I would love to have a pair of Quoddy's made

I am listening to

I am listening to Mystery radio which I really enjoy so much.

I am hoping

My plans come together and my life will change.

I am learning

I am still doing my theology studies.

In my kitchen

I am cooking very simply and eating very plain foods lately.

In my garden

The lawn guy has not bothered to come, though he is under contract. Being disabled I am not able to cut my own lawn and it's getting out of hand.  A pox upon him!!  

Post Script

I am looking at rings from Shiny Jungle Jewellery on Etsy.  
I would love to buy his halo padparadscha.   The padparadscha is an orange/coral ruby and a
ruby is a sapphire. It is the rarest of gem stones and ranges in color from screaming orange to the palest of peach colors. He sells both light and dark.  I tend to like the dark as the light really looks more like a morganite.   Lab made gems are the real deal, just not from the ground.     I have always worn a ring, ones given to me by my father and I miss not wearing one now.   

Shared Quote

"In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."... Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

A moment from my day 

Closing Notes

"Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence."   —    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 



8 comments:

  1. It's cold here, and it's suppose to rain all day. I hope you can stay inside and stay warm. It seems like home repairs never end, it's one of life little annoyances. And it seems the older I get, the longer the list gets. I like your attitude about changing seasons, there's really nothing we can do about it, might as well enjoy each one for the beauty they bring. What kind of moccasins to you wear? I have rheumatoid, and my feet always hurt. I wore moccasins as a girl, but need a pair now. I love the ring, so beautiful! Your header is so beautiful...just reminds me of the changing season! Enjoy the rest of the week, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear Indian made mocassins with leather soles so I can "ground" which I am learning is very important for health. I'd love to have some Quoddy made but they are pretty expensive.

      Delete
    2. I am happy you like the header. Its a real scene from my neighborhood and I reproduced a photo in this one.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Annie! I had a pain of Indian made moccasins years ago and I loved them. I live near a reservations, I should check theirs out. I will check out Quoddy. I need to be grounded...I've also hear good things about that...Thank you again!!

      Delete
  2. I wear mocs in the house some too. They are so comfortable and conform to your feet. I like your quotes today. I am pondering some changes and letting them affect my mood...not in a good way! lol I try not to complain about the weather though. It never changes anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post and I really love that last picture on your post. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful that you finally got your new roof. Now I pray the other items you need will soon be accomplished as well. Praying you will soon feel better and that the humidity will subside. We are actually a tad bit cooler here today, which is very nice indeed. I love your pictures and your quote at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.