Saturday, September 24, 2022

This Night Won't Last Forever




H
appy Weekend friends.   
cloudy
A chill has descended over the east coast and the temperatures are fall like and lovely.  I am writing this on Thursday evening and it is so very windy that there is a small craft advisory up.   I know some are sweltering around the nation and I hope that comes to an end soon.  I would not want to live where I had to depend on air conditioning or where the winter temperatures were often far below freezing either.  This weekend will be typical early autumn weather for New Jersey.. low 70's and  40s by night. Very refreshing.
 I am joining in with Saturday 9.

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Saturday 9: This Night Won't Last Forever (1979)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune?       Hear it here.
 It's a nice song as his another of his, "Bluer then Blue".
1) This song begins with, "Everybody likes a celebration." Do you have any birthdays or anniversaries coming up on your calendar?
Yes, both Autumn and Winter are filled with birthdays in my family.   My own birthday, my daughter, my granddaughters and one grandson. It's a great time of year.
 
2) The lyrics tell us Michael Johnson is stuck at a party while his heart is breaking. He finds it awkward and painful to pretend there's 
nothing wrong. Are  you adept at "putting a good face on it?"   Or is it easy for others to tell how you're feeling?

It truly depends on the situation.   Sometimes I can act my way through but other times it is not something I can manage.

3) Michael feels like this is going to be a long night. Is there a part of your day when time tends to drag? Or when it flies?
I find most days flying by.  
 
4) As bad as he feels right now, he's still hopeful about tomorrow. What are you looking forward to for Sunday?
Relaxing/
 
5) When he was 13, Michael taught himself to play the guitar. He went on to take formal lessons and mastered classical guitar. What's something you would like learn more about/do better?
I can always do better with piano even though I've played for decades.  I think we can always improve many things though we can reach a point where we cannot improve any more.
 
6) For a time he performed with a trio known as Denver, Boise & Johnson. The Denver was John. Do you have a favorite John Denver song?
Annie's Song is a favorite with me.  I also like Rocky Mountain High.. I like pretty much all he did.
 
7) He retired to Minneapolis to be near his adult daughter. But he never stopped performing entirely. For years he delighted loyal local fans with with an annual holiday concert on December 26 at Orchestra Hall. Is there a performer you've seen in concert more than once?
 No.   I was never a big concert goer and besides philharmonic orchestras and the military band performances, I haven't been to many at all.
8) In 1979, when this song was popular, the cable channel ESPN launched. What's the last sporting event that you watched?
I have never watched a sporting event on television from start to finish at all.  I am just not interested.

9) Random question: Do you play Wordle?
No. I am not much for word games.

5 comments:

  1. I have a birthday coming up on October 2. 65 years old, I also loved rocky mountain high ,I saw John Denver at Philadelphia when I was in my 20 `s.im looking forward to retirement soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 For about the last ten years four of us celebrated our October birthdays, now we are down to two. One died of COVID and the other this summer from a lung infection.
    #6 I forgot that he also did "Rocky Mountain High"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like pretty much all of John Denver's songs too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like John Denver songs as well.
    I always look forward to relaxing on Sunday too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky Mountain High, love this one too!! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.