Sunday, December 11, 2022

Year's End



T
he weekend came and went like a quick storm. I hope your weekend was pleasant.   Here at the seashore it was a bit gloomy weather wise with silvery skies, cold temperatures and the need for lights
during the daytime hours.  

Today's weather


"Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!"
Stolen from the League of Extraordinary Penpals

1. Wintertime comfort foods, habits, hobbies 
    I love mashed potatoes with a splash of  horseradish sauce , butter, sour cream.. what a lovely comfort food they are.   Light is a comfort in winter too.  As skies turn silvery in the day and nights come early and stay long, the warm yellowy light that spills out of houses onto the ground is inviting, warm and impressive to me.
Hot chili, hot soups and stews are something to love anytime of year but are most welcome in winter I think.

2. Favorite seasonal/holiday music and songs 
I love the Fall/Winter holidays from Thanksgiving through New Year.   They are the brightest, happiest and most wonderful of all.    The songs of Christmas and winter are also memorable and one of my favorites is Silver Bells.   It was playing in my hometown as I was walking home from my father's store, past the 5&10.  The street had those lovely decorations that spanned the roadway and in the wreath shaped center were silver bells lit up by lovely warm lights.   The song was playing from a store spilling out onto the crisp, cold air and it is because of that scenario that I like the song to this day.

3. The people I want to spend more time with next year are the same people I always want to be with, my friends and family.

4. How much I could change my life in 1 year if I focused .  Perhaps I could change it a great deal if I paid more attention to my exercises.  I so want to walk better.

5. The valuable lessons I learned this year/   To be more quiet on things.  I feel a need to teach, alert, warn and it can be frustrating.  I need to let go of that as it is futile most of the time.

6. How I’d describe 2022 in 10 words .  More of the same governmental crap and corruption as usual.

7. My favorite Reads of 2022  :  Books by Wilson and Blackett on the real King Arthur and the real history of the Kingdom of  Wales.  Cymru am Byth!    

8. Best movies I saw in 2022.  Mostly old film noirs that I always enjoy actually.  I watch them on YouTube.    
Two I recommend for a fun afternoon are "The Woman in the Window"  and "The Red House" both starring Edward G. Robinson. Both are available to view on YouTube.  Some are free others are as low as $2.99 for a good quality copy.

9. Favorite TV shows/episodes of 2022 .  Nothing new.  I began to watch reruns of Mannix on YouTube and found it very enjoyable.  I also enjoy old Perry Mason episodes.   I continue to keep up with Midsomer Murders and old episodes of  A Touch of Frost.  

10. Memorable experiences from 2022.     The university graduation of The Famous Anonymous with Magna Cum Laude and the graduation of The Little from 8th Grade into High School.  
We humans grow up fast.

Tuesday 4 is up and running my friends and I do home you will join in.  Links available on this page.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I really do need to pay more attention to exercising too! And I chuckled (but kind of cynically) at your summary of 2022 in 10 words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of storm, it's currently snowing in Albany, NY, 3 to 6 inches expected by morning, the first substantial snowfall of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to pay more attention to my exercise routines, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exercise? Yikes! I seem to have given up...we haven't been taking our usual daily walks since we started working at Dixie Cottage most mornings. It gets dark too soon in the evening after supper, so we have to figure out another time to go. Although I feel like I am moving all the time. We had a rather gloomy, chilly, misty day today. Colder weather is coming by the end of the week, which I don't really mind as long as there is some sunshine to go along with it. Not crazy about the gloomy days, even in Florida it is difficult to get warm when the sun doesn't shine all day. Your winter comfort foods sound good. I made beef stew in the crock pot the other day, and it was very good for a change. I need to use the crock pot more often. Just gotta get a move on in the morning before we leave. I enjoyed your post as always. Have a blessed and beautiful new week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.