Sunday, January 22, 2023

Stolen on Sunday

I am joining in for Sunday Stealing.

"Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!
Stolen from the question meme"
1. You are  back in high school... what are you doing after school lately?
    Working on the newspaper and the radio station.

2. Do you do homework early or late? Do you really study?
    I do homework in study. I listen in class. I don't really study much but I get A's.

3.  Do you go to the games? Football? Basketball.. what is your favorite to attend?
    Basketball moves faster so I like that and I am a big wrestling fan.
 b. Do you go to the dances? Prom? (what'd you wear?)
    Yes.  I wore party dresses to dances except on Saturday night at Rec and then we wore regular skirts, etc.  Prom was a pale turquoise satin dress with lace.  We also went to CYO dances.
4.Lunch!  What are we having today?   What is your favorite lunch?

My Nanny makes me Scotch pies, or pasties or a Plowman sandwich .. that's what I like.  If she baked pies that day, I will get a small one with jam inside for dessert.

5. What kind of music do you like the best?  I like all kinds of music.

6. Does the radio play in your car and if so what station or kind of music Are we still in high school because then I don't have a car.    I play music in my room on my radio.
7. What do you think of the music played in restaurants or stores? Do you find it relaxing or annoying?
Its kind of relaxing.



8. What part has music played in your life? What kind of music played at your wedding or at parties you have been to?
    Music was a background for life.  Party music was the same as what played on the radio.
9. Is the farm for you? How about a ranch, a village or a city? Which is your choice and why?
  I will take all of them and enjoy them all too.  
10. A short auto trip for the weekend with friends or a long vacation? Where would you go?
     We would go to Pennsylvania or down to Wildwood, once to Alexandria Virginia, maybe Norfolk. That's about it.
11. The quiet life at home with a cuppa and TV or  a good book or a night out with friends? Which sounds good today?
      TV and cuppa.
12. You have a choice of  dinner and a movie or a game of cards and snacks at the neighbors. Where are you going tonight?
       dinner and movie.
13. Is there a hero or character on TV, in a book or a movie .. or even on all three, that you are especially like? What do you find attractive about them?
        I am not like any of them.. maybe Nancy Drew.   I do like Spenser and  Jesse Stone because of
their personalities.  I am a fanatic for Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple too.. again their personalities.
14.  Was there a book that was better in movie form? How about a movie you thought didn't live up to the book?
         I haven't read many books that were made into movies except Gond with the Wind which was way too long and involved.  I thought the movie was better.
15. When you choose a book, program or movie which subject it is most likely to be: science fiction, mystery, romance, comedy, documentary, etc.?     What draws you to a particular book or movie?
 Mystery.   The story line draws me.

6 comments:

  1. 've been to 31 states, but mostly for work. I went to Norfiolk, VA in the early '80s with my then-girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always come here, and I will take you to the Ocala Equestrian Center and Hotel. smiles. Wishing you a beautiful week, smiles...and I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good mystery and enjoy watching a movie on special nights. We just watched Jungle book this week. Happy Sunday...take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have had the same answer for #2! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Party music the same as everywhere else? What a pity, or was it that good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we were teens. I don't know how it could have been different than what was popular at the time. Mozart or Sousa marches would not have gone over very well .

      Delete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.