Saturday, January 21, 2023

Prince..Kiss



small craft advisory
Friday and the living is easy.   Weather is in the low 40-50's and nights in the low 30's, wind is raging and we have another small craft advisory up for 30mph winds.
It's been raining for the past couple of days and lights are needed during the day.
The wind outside is howling like  a freight train.  It's nice to be warm and cozy in the house.
I usually do my Saturday post on Friday leaving Saturday a completely free day.
I am joining in with Saturday 9. from Sam.

"Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9
questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit

other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune?  Hear it here.    Just my opinion but, it's  an awful song.

1) In this week's song, Prince insists there's no particular sign he's more compatible with. Do you take astrology seriously?
I don't plan my life with it in any way.  I find it interesting how closely many people resemble their "sign" though.
2) He tells his prospective lover there's no need to be flirty. Are you a good flirt?
I don't have any idea.  I don't consciously flirt at all.
3) He refers to the nighttime soap opera Dynasty. Were you a fan?
Oh, yes. I remember Dynasty and watched it once in a while.  I don't think my parents were fans though so it would not have been on the TV much.

4) "Kiss" was recorded at Sunset Sound Recorders in Hollywood. Built by Walt Disney Studio, it's the studio where the soundtracks to Mary Poppins and 101 Dalmatians were recorded. When you think of Disney movies, what's the first song that comes to mind?
The first thing that flew into my mind was  "Someday my Prince Will Come". You can hear it if you click the title.  (I've come back to say that I wonder if the subject of Prince put this song in my mind)
 
5) Prince said he was "obsessed" with Mozart and read everything he could find about the master. Do you often read biographies? If yes, who was the last one about?
I enjoy biographies if they are well written.   I believe it was 'The Last  Lincolns —The Rise and Fall of a Great American Family'.  I recall the first autobiography I read was in junior high..  The Autobiography of Lincoln Steffens .

6) He loved snacking while watching a movie in the theater and would mix Goobers (chocolate-covered peanuts) with his popcorn. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession counter?
No.  I don't eat the things they sell.

7) In 1986, when this song was popular, Peewee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, this show had many, many adult viewers. Do you ever watch kids' shows today?
Behr's Plantation Tan
I have always watched kids shows with my kids.  I sometimes tune into "Scoobie Doo"  on the oldies channel.

8) Also in 1986, Sears shoppers were painting their interior walls with "Country Clover," a pale beige with a hint of pink. What color is the room you're in right now?
Most of my home interior is done in Behr's Plantation Tan.

9) Random question: Do you enjoy pressing the pedal to the metal and driving fast?
Not anymore, no.
Annie

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty room color, smiles. Oh, and I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your blog look with the falling snow. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 Definitely there is way too much sugar or carbohydrates in movie theater food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Plantation Tan! Pretty color. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my house was originally close to that color, but we've gone with the lighter off white as we aged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie~ Fun post...but bad song. My favorite Disney song is, Baby Mine from Dumbo, so sweet. The room I'm sitting in is painted, Buckskin, I like warm colors. I do have the Disney channel and sometimes like to watch one of the shows with my grands. I think the last one I watched was, Mary Poppins. Have a great Saturday! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room color...I think our walls are very similar to that. It's a nice warm cozy feeling color. I don't know this song by Prince (or any song by Prince, except something about Purple rain or whatever that was...I'm too old for him). My favorite Disney song is Zippity Doo dah, Zippity yay, My oh My what a wonderful day, from Song of the South. At least that's the only one I can think of right now. I love popcorn, but haven't been to a theater in many many years. Happy Saturday! Hope you are okay with the weather as it is. It has gotten chilly and rainy here too, but not so windy today. Of course, our chilly is different than your chilly. This is Florida. But it's still pretty chilly to us! About 50 degrees right now with rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers. I like reading some biographies.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.