Saturday, February 11, 2023

Funny Valentine




A
new weekend is here and I do hope you will enjoy it. Here the weather has not been very seasonal but a bit on the warmer side... 50s, high 40s.  That kind of weather is more suited to March but not early
February.    We are being cheated out of some winter.  Only a brief dusting of snow .
I want the seasons to be what they are supposed to be so I will be calling for the manager to register my complaint!      Until then.. here is this week's Saturday 9
"Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions everySaturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"

 Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1953)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it  here.

1) In this song, Frank sings that his lover is his favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. (Yes, that crayon drawing by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)
To the right is a drawing I did.  and I can see it near me.

2) He asks her to not change her hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair?
I don't know.    I just usually cut my own hair.  I just don't have a way to get there really or much money to pay someone else. It turns out okay.

3) Sinatra is often photographed in hats because he began losing his hair while in his 30s. He wore "a rug" for TV, concert and film appearances but really didn't like it, considering the toupee merely part of his work attire. What do you wear when you wish to appear professional?
Depends on what my profession is at the time!  I have had a few professions.  One required a lab coat.. one required a leotard and toe shoes and costumes  and another required dressing neatly in a skirt and blouse or pants and nice top.
Now if you mean just how I dress to "dress up", I wear a dress or skirt and top and sometimes dress pants and a nice top, some jewelry, a nice purse, heels or dress flats.

4) Sinatra is best known for his singing and won an Oscar for his acting. But not many people know he liked to paint until he widow sold his paintings at auction. Do you have a secret talent?

Nothing secret that I know of.   I've mentioned things I can do or have done on my blog here so nothing is secret.    If I 'do' have a secret talent, it is SOOO secret that even I can't see it!!
 
5) As a kid, he was a paperboy in his hometown of Hoboken, NJ.  Tell us about one of your early jobs.
  My first job was working in a variety store in my hometown in NJ.  I was a cashier.


This is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 


6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for
Tuesday?
No. There will be nothing special about the day and I will be by myself.

7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear?
I don't have a lady love as I am straight .  

8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do.   Who received the last greeting card you sent?
  A lot of  online friends and families around the world at Christmas Time and Chanukah.

9) Sweethearts, those candy hearts with sayings like "BE MINE" stamped on them, began as throat
lozenges. Are you fan of these little candies?
They are cute but I am not a big fan. Except for cuteness they don't have anything special about them.



7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your answers. Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I love, love, love your new header!!! I agree on the candy hearts, they really don't taste that great but they're cute for Valentine's Day. I bought a bag at the dollar store, put them in a little jar and have them setting on my bar. More for something cute than for something to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved your drawings! So pretty. Loved your answers! Happy Valentine's Day! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings are always so beautiful and special. You are a very talented lady. And I love your new header! That is really beautiful. Your answer to #7 is funny. I did buy some little boxes of the Valentine's candies, and will give them to our kids when I see them. It's a tradition to have them around, even if they don't taste all that great. I hope you have a pleasant weekend and maybe something special will happen on Valentine's Day...we just never know. Every day can hold its own surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with you about the candy hearts. I’d rather have chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a wonderful artist! #7 was funny! Your siggie is cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.