Tuesday, March 14, 2023

St Partick's Day


Dia duit (God be with you.. Dee-ah Dwit)  and remember my friends.. 
Roses are red
Violets are bluish
Everyone knows
St. Patrick was Jewish.     
And of course we all know that there are only 2 kinds of people in the world.. them that are Irish and them that wish they were.  Now that we have that straight.. on with Tuesday 4.

 It's time once again for Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

Since Saint Patrick's Day is March 17 it might be nice to talk about it.

1. Do you celebrate the day and is it more secular or religious for you?

It's secular and a lot of fun.  The New  York City parade was always a wonderful big deal until sex ruined it. Keep your sex in the bedroom, where it belongs, not in public, thank you very much. And may an ill wind blow up your kilt for doing that too.

 St. Patrick was a real an though who tossed the snake worshipping idolaters out of Ireland.

2. Americans eat corned beef and cabbage but it's not traditional in Ireland at all.   In my  house its Colcannon and Beef Stew or Cottage pie (shepherds pie made with beef instead of lamb).. which is more realistic and far less salty.  Do you make special meals for holidays?  What will you make for St. Patrick's Day?

I like Irish lamb chops for dinner made with whiskey and I love Cottage Pie and colcannon. This year I will make colcannon and add some ground beef or ground turkey to it.  Oh.. I adore colcannon and have it often.

Here is my recipe for it: just mash up potatoes with lots of butter and toss in your cooked, drained cabbage.. maybe a bit of onion if you like. Add salt and pepper to taste.  Oh.. it's heavenly. You can brown it on top if you like also. 

3.  Do you have much green in your wardrobe? Does the color look good on you?

I have green eyes so green makes  them stand out a lot.  I do not have a lot of green though. I do like green.

4. In school we put up giant green shamrocks and Leprechauns. We made green paper chains to decorate our classrooms.  What do you do to decorate?

I did when I had kids at home.  But, you know what? I think it's a mistake not to decorate for every season and every holiday just because you don't have kids.  Life goes on you know. It's best to live it to the fullest and enjoy every little bit of it.  Imma get me some shamrocks to put around...so there.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I like to decorate for the different seasons/celebrations. The kids don't really care much now except for Christmas. But as long as I do, I will decorate. My mom had green eyes, but sometimes they looked bluish. They were blue for the first 6 months of her life. My brother got his eyes. I just ordered a few more shirts that are different shades of green. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you explained what colcannon is . Mashed potatoes and cabbage? I often make that, but never knew it had a name. Sometimes I cook a smoked sausage with the cabbage and then stir it all up with mashed potatoes. Very tasty. Yes, I think it is fun to decorate for every season/holiday, even though we are not Catholic and don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day for any religious reason, we have always enjoyed the fun of the day and always wear green or else you get pinched! I didn't do as much decorating this year as I have in the past...just been too busy, but I do have some green shamrocks hear and there. Thank you for doing this for us each week. I hope you have a wonderful week filled with God's blessings, and a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, after reading your answers, I may have to stop at the Dollar Tree and get some shamrocks at least. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good answers here. I see you still have the cold weather. We have the 60's (so they say) today. But Thursday snow returns. Our youngest Hannah and her husband Jake are headed this way later this week. I sure hope they leave that western NY cold weather behind. hahaha Have a beautiful new week. Thank you for sharing and hosting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eyes are green too. I think that should count for wearing green! Have a happy St. Patrick's Day! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since covid we have little to no company, yet I still decorate for the different holidays or special days such as St Patrick's Day. I enjoy it, it's nice each morning as I come into my living room and have decorations greet me. Now I don't do a lot, mostly I just put out decorations on my bar. We can see them from the living area and the kitchen, it's nice and it's fun. I'm sure your green eyes add to your pretty face. I'm late with my comments tonight, hope you've had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yah, #1's answer would ruin it for me too. I might try some colcannon...I love all the ingredients. I know a gal who adds some bacon to hers. My mom always decorated for every holiday, even more after we'd grown up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.