Monday, April 3, 2023

Coffee Time

A tornado warning in the area saw a lot of damage  from 4 tornados that touched down in  neighboring towns   and the bay saw many waterspouts.    Schools in  Cinnaminson, Jackson Township,  Howell Township and Sea Girt  are all closed as damage from the weekend storms are cleaned up. Thankfully no one was killed.  Six Flags Great Adventure is also closed for repairs. I hope the animals at the Safari Park weathered the storms well.
Let's have some tea or coffee while we answer some Tuesday questions.

Coffee Time

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.....

How about a bit of  Coffee questions this week?   Or, if you drink tea ow anything else, adjust the questions to suit you.

1.  What is your favorite tea or coffee?   I am a fan of black Ceylon tea and Orange Pekoe.  Sometimes I love Russian Caravan tea too.

2.  Do you prefer your coffee in the morning, afternoon or evening?  

  I drink it whenever I feel like it really.  I am not desperate for it in the morning like some are but sometimes I do like it in the early evening or late afternoon.       


 I am really more of a fan of Coffeemate powdered creamer than of coffee..   But I do like Dunkin Donuts and I do like WaWa coffee as well.  I love the fall flavors that come out and find the nicest ones at TJ Maxx or Home Goods.  Pumpkin Spice is lovely.  The new Folgers French Vanilla is very good.  Most vanillas are too bland but theirs is quite good.

3.  Do you meet friends for coffee in a café or restaurant? Often or not?

Not often anymore.  I used to meet a  friend for breakfast every single day for years and loved it.    Now I have moved, the little store front restaurant is closed down and my friend is gone away too.  We would sometimes have lunch or dinner there as well.   The owners of the place were Greek, the food homemade and sensational, the place tiny, loaded with locals for every meal.   It was wonderful really.  I'd take my kids there for a treat often too.  I miss it.  

4. Do you have a night time regimen before you go to bed, and how about your
first thing in the morning routine?   Does it include a hot drink to relax in the evening or coffee to get you going in the morning?  Does it help to start and end the day right?

At night  I wash my face or take a shower, brush my teeth and fall into bed and am asleep in seconds.   I will sometimes have hot tea or decaf coffee before bed.  I usually spend the evening watching some YouTube videos.

In the morning I make some tea or coffee, put eggs on to boil and sit down to look at the news.  When I had animal friends in the house, they went out, got their breakfast first.  In late spring and summer, the fish get fed first. Animals and children always get taken care of first.   No, I don't need coffee to start my day.  I can take it or leave it actually.


9 comments:

  1. I saw the news about the tornadoes in NJ and wondered if they were close to you. I am thankful that you and yours are okay. There are more bad storms moving across the country this week, and I pray they don't reach your part of the country again. I enjoyed your answers. I just posted mine to actually publish in the morning. Looking forward to reading everyone else's responses tomorrow. Take care and enjoy your coffee/tea whenever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very sad to see on television all the devastation caused by the tornadoes. Thankfully you were spared where you live. I enjoyed your answers to today's Tuesday 4. It's always interesting to read how others start and end their days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, so good to know you're safe, hope you stay out of harms way. Tornados come up so fast, it's hard to get out of their way. Enjoyed reading your answers, Tuesday 4 is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya on the orange. I practically grew up in an orange grove and enjoy almost anything with orange flavor. I even like the color. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also had tornado watch here but they went east of us,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pumpkin spice! I love orange pekoe too. Sometimes I don't finish my coffee. I am trying to drink more water. Those pancakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your answers and the yummy things you shared. Thank you for hosting this . Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your answers this week...well, except for the part about falling asleep in seconds. That is NOT me,. Uggh. But my husband can. Drives me nuts. I love pumpkin spice in fall. I usually get pumpkin spice Chai lattes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.