Monday, April 10, 2023

Your Town


Hello!  This is Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we ask just 4 questions each week in an effort to get you blogging, thinking and learning about others.
Maybe we can discuss the town  you live in.  It might be nice to find out more about where you live and why you live there. Sometimes we just fall into a place and other times we choose. 

Michelle Byrne painting
1. What are the good points to living in your town? Could you interest us in moving there?
My town is on Barnegat Bay and the Atlantic Ocean both.
It is quiet, has forests, rivers, creeks, is great for canoeing, boating, fishing, swimming.  Close to Atlantic City (Las Vegas with ocean) and some beautiful resorts on the ocean.  We have a super low crime rate. 
2.  Are the things you need convenient to your home? (shopping, library, schools, entertainment?)
Everything is very close by,  yet it has a very rural/suburban atmosphere.  Because of our location, our air is always fresh and clean. We are 10 degrees cooler on average than inland in summer because of the sea and warmer than inland in the winter because of the Gulf Stream.  We are  not all that far from NY City or Philadelphia.  As we are a tiny state and hang down into the ocean as a peninsula,  we are just a hop  skip and jump to  Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia. 
  
So if you want a city, you can have that but we are distant enough to be  safe and much cleaner and crime free.

3.  Did you choose your town or did you just end up there?   
I got married  and moved here, 70 miles south of my hometown.   Now I am a widow but I choose to stay because it's nearly perfect.     I am very blessed to live by the sea. (mostly 😉)
Our town beach




4.   Is your town known for any special foods, activities, places or people? 
My town is known for beautiful beaches, authentic Italian foods, boardwalk food that is great  We are hometown to  a professional baseball star  and a famous football coach and a couple of well known authors.  Boating is a big activity as is hiking in the forests, fishing , crabbing , surfing and swimming.

Annie

5 comments:

  1. You are very blessed to live by the sea!!! Pretty pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in a very lovely area! I love seeing your photos of the sea and coastline as well as the woodsy areas around you. I love your paintings too. I am sorry I didn't get around to doing this one today. It snuck up on me as we have company and I am a bit stressed for extra time. Besides our little hometown doesn't have too much to write about. Maybe I will put something together later. Meanwhile I am enjoying reading what others are writing. Thank you for doing this each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sold!! LOL!
    I love the sea. You place sounds amazing!!
    Thanks for the interesting questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd like to live in your town because it's next to the sea, has low crime rate, is close to NYC if you want to go and it's warmer than inland in winter. Pretty near perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your town sounds wonderful...Can you please remind me how to find the post with everyone's links? Once again I waited too long to visit everyone and now can't find it. Uggh.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.