Sunday, July 16, 2023


W
e all know that Sunday's are not only the first day of the week, but the official day for stealing memes from other people.  Since we need help we turn to Bev who provides us with great themes for stealing each week.  
Meanwhile we need some rain and are promised a storm.  The offshore breezes blows themaway from us here on the edge of America and I do mean edge as east of me there is nothing but ocean for thousands of miles.


sunday stealing

From Bev: "Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves."


1. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
  • My goal in life is to live as God wishes me too and make him my priority.  I do a very bad job at it sometimes.
  • I never have bad or ulterior motives
  • I love people
2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I thought that Ming the Merciless was real and that there was really a planet Mungo.
3. Thinking of school classes, which were your favorite and least favorite?
I liked my home economics classes from 7th through 12th grades. 
4. What is your favorite fast food?
I don't eat fast food.  I do make my own 'fast' food though, like homemade pizza, homemade tostados and other Mexican quickies like Quesadillas.

5. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?  This video   taken where I live describes it best in visuals and song....... the song, 3 Little Birds fits very well.


6. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
I considered it for a time in my late teens but never did.
7. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Life has up and down times for everyone.
8.What arts and crafts have you tried and decided you were bad at?
I haven't tried any that I was bad at, mediocre maybe but not bad at.  

9. What is the truest thing that you know?   
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? In his hand is the life and the breath of every living creature."— Job 12

10. Are you more of a giver or a taker?  I am more of a taker.  I take my very existence from the Creator, every breath, every meal, everything.  Even my giving is inspired by God and not my own but his doing.

11. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
No, I make decisions based on what I know is truth as spoken by God.  The mind of man is deceitful above all things, (Jeremiah) so it is unwise to depend on your heart or own mind to make any decision.
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.   In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3

12. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Spinal surgery.
13. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Death of children.  
14. What is your favorite line from a movie?  
"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."— You've Got Mail

 Yes, I love autumn in New York in Central Park especially.   I grew up 20 minutes outside the city and now I am a little more than an hour south of NYC and an hour east of Philadelphia.  A good place to be right on the ocean.   I long for the old NY...'sigh'. What a town that was. 

15.  Can you eat with chopsticks?
I have never tried.    

8 comments:

  1. Autumn in New York, the song and the real thing, are glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #13 I so understand my friend...loosing Liam...well, you know...---autumn up north is splendor in its full glory, indeed. However, I will probably never know that feeling again. grin. Living in Florida where its warm 11 months out of the year, grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! I love the fact you thought that Ming the merciless was real. That's brilliant.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers!! I enjoyed the video, your blog seagulls looked so natural as they flew by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss. We join that club we never wanted to join when we have to bury one (or more) of our children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the different take on being a "taker." I never thought of it in that light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the video of where you live...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting questions and answers...the view on "taking" unexpected , but so very true . Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.