Monday, July 17, 2023

Book Worms...

Happy Tuesday.  
I sure hope that you like Tuesday 4.  I would hate to think I am ruining it for Toni. Anyway, here is this week's entry. 

Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we try and challenge you to think , discover and make new friends through blogging.

1.  Did any book besides the bible have an impact on your life or beliefs?

Historical books like those about the real King Arthur, not the silly one the English dreamed up as a myth, but the real actual man who came to America with Prince Maddoc.   As a kid I mostly read comic books...especially Archie.  No.. now look, I was a good student graduating with honors and I read very well...was always levels ahead of my grade but man, I just hated reading the garbage they gave us to read.   I like reading at the library. The Encyclopedia Britannica was one I enjoyed.   My father read to me from ancient Indian (India) literature... Bhagavad Gita, stuff like that. The Odyssey and Iliad were influential as well.

2.  What books influenced you as a young person.?

I would say the Little House on the Prairie series and especially Farmer Boy.  So much
anthological and historical information.

3.  Do you continue educating yourself by reading books or listening to podcasts or lectures?

Yes.  I like to hear podcasts with an educational theme, and I listen to biographies, history etc.   I also have a large number of books on anthropolgy, religion and history.  I really enjoy stories on YouTube by experts on the "wild west" and the characters who lived there.

4.  Have you ever sat in a coffee shop/restaurant/cafe  reading a book?  What is your preferred place to read?

Yes, I have done that  while waiting for relatives to get done browsing around.    I like to read in my office while sitting in my comfortable over sized office chair.   

Annie

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting Tuesday4 I enjoyed your answers. I want to say thank you for always being so kind. I hope your day is blessed and your answers were so interesting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put Little House on the Prairie too. I have been watching it on the Hallmark channel. We had encyclopedias as a kid, and I enjoyed reading things from there. I would spend hours at the library too from grade school through college. I think I will go there with my granddaughter who loves to read. Stay cool, it will be near a 100 here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to read historical fiction and always learn something new when I do. So interesting. I love reading. Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same happened here... not looking at the child, but just feeding average books with far too little good content. It pushed me to the library where I read every book, untill I asked special permission to read some scientific books about space and other aspects of nature from the adult department.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your answers and also the coming up with these questions. I know you are very well read and intellectual...you inspire us to think higher thoughts, and I appreciate that! I finally got around to doing this blog today, a little late, but it's done. I had to put my thinking cap on, which seems to take longer and longer these days. LOL. Take care my friend and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read and always read books above my level in school. I remember reading books that didn't interest my friends. I should broaden my interests now...I do love a good mystery though! I'm reading books by C. Donlea and they are SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers. I always loved "encyclopedia" type books. My dad had these wildlife guidebooks that were fun. My grandma also had some childcraft books that were my favorite. but I don't know what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.