Monday, September 11, 2023

The Garden


Hello my friends.   Happy Tuesday and I do hope the day finds you well and happy.  We've had some rain lately which is very welcome and we are watching Hurricane Lee and that other pesky storm headed our way.  You never know where they will end up!  

Its Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 once again and I thought it might be nice to talk about our gardens or house plants.  After all, houseplants are indoor gardens and fish aquariums can be water gardens.

1. Do you have a garden indoors or outdoors?   Houseplants count I think.  If not, why don't you have them?

I have a few plants in my kitchen window including an Aloe that was my mothers from the early 1960s.  It has grown into a little monster from that plant   My outdoor garden includes water plants, Wisteria that is just huge, wild beach roses, Irises called Cuckoo's Tears, and flowers.

2. Have you visited Longwood Gardens or any of the large gardens and horticultural sites around the world or your state? Tell us about it.

I would like to visit some.  Longwood isn't too far away I think and I would love to hear the pipe organ.  The town I lived in has a park designed by the same man who did Central Park in NY ...  which is out of this world beautiful.  That park is known for its Azaleas, cherry blossoms, and magnolia trees.  Brides try to time their wedding to take their photos there in spring by the lake.

3.  Most people really enjoy a little garden but I think we sometimes make too many excuses not to do things we really would enjoy.  Too busy, not enough space, etc.   But if we put our minds to it, anything is possible  Do you believe that?

If money is not a problem and if physical restraints are hampering you, it is amazing how much you can accomplish if you get busy and get to work!  Pessimism can drag us down and keep us from getting things done.
 4. Ideally, what flowers, shrubs and trees do you want in your little garden real or imagined?
I have some miniature roses around my smaller pond.  I bought them at the grocery store and they thrive outdoors.  I'd like more of them.  I also grow mountain pinks in white and pink in the front and I want more of that.  Out beck I have purple vinca vine and of course my beach roses and wisteria.
My iris and my gladiolas come up every year but I do need more perennials in the garden.
I would love to have a miniature Japanese maple tree as well. 

Views in my Garden

Beach roses





 




 











Thanks for coming along on this little adventure for Tuesday.  I hope you enjoyed it and will come share your thoughts with Tuesday 4 again!




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful gardens Annie! Thank you for sharing. All the beauty I can imagine in my mind, How lovely. Always my pleasure to be here and at Tuesday4. Thank you for keeping it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have some very lovely garden spots and flowers...and I see African Violets on your windowsill!! My mother used to grow those and so did I at our last house. I don't have the right window for them here at this house, and that is also why I don't have any houseplants. I forgot to mention that in my post! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your garden flowers...they are gorgeous!!! It's nice to have perennials that come back each year without too much work. I am trying to get some azaleas established here at this house, but again, the heat and dry summers makes it difficult to keep things going. Your lovely gardens have inspired me this morning and make me want to try harder! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello , on this beautiful day !
    The sky is a gorgeous blue that contrasts so well with the evergreen's deep color ...such beauty around us all ! Although there is no tillable land around my tiny home , the porch supplied the space for a little container garden this year . Once that blistering heat wave passed , things picked up and a modest harvest included a few tomatoes , lettuce . basil , parsley , green beans , strawberries and marigolds ...each a much appreciated gift ! Your gardens have always been so beautiful...offering such peace and joy ! Thank you for sharing ...be safe and well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures. The Heat in Louisiana was brutal this summer so nothing much in garden. But I will try for a small Fall one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. You are very into gardening. I related to your # 3 answer. I can talk myself out of anything!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.