z Cottage by the Sea : Good Bye Cruel World.. saturday 9

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Good Bye Cruel World.. saturday 9

Welcome to my blog.
I am doing this post early and it will post for Saturday...

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer questions, however, and here are today's questions!

Saturday 9: Goodbye, Cruel World (1961)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) This week's song has a circus theme. Have you ever been to a circus? If yes, did you enjoy it?
 Yes. The Ringling Brothers circus long ago.  It was okay but I wasn't thrilled with it.  I have seen Cirque de Soleil as well and that was good.

2) James Darren sings that he's running away to join the circus. When you were a kid, did you ever run away from home?
 Not that I can recall.   

3) While he understands intellectually that this girl is no good for him, he tells us his heart is stubborn. Do you have a stubborn streak?
Yes. I am stubborn on the side of what is right. 

4) Though he had three top 20 singles, including this one, James Darren found more consistent success as an actor. Between 1959 and 1963, he played surfer Jeff Matthews, aka "Moondoggie," in three Gidget movies. Have you seen any Gidget movies? What about the TV show, starring Sally Field?

I loved Gidget and especially the TV series.
5) "Moondoggie" got his unique nickname because he enjoyed surfing in the moonlight. Looking back on Summer 2023, did you visit the beach (by moonlight or otherwise)?
 I visit the beach all year long, morning noon and night because it's where I live.  I prefer when tourists go home though.

6) While he was playing Gidget's teen dream, he was a married man. He wed Danish beauty queen Evy Norlund in 1960. They met when she came to Los Angeles to pursue a career and they were both working at Columbia Studios. More than 60 years later, they're still together. Tell us about the longest-married couple you know.
 I don't know who was married longest.  My parents and grandparents I suppose.

7) James Darren also played Officer James Corrigan on ABC's police drama, TJ Hooker. Have you ever considered a career in law enforcement?
 Good grief no! 
8) In 1961, when this song was on the radio, matching his & hers mohair sweaters were on trend. Do you have a favorite sweater?
I have a lovely black cardigan that is dressy. I like it a lot because it looks very nice with a colorful top on special occasions.

9) Random question -- They say we're all young at heart. In what ways are you childlike?
I can be very trusting.   I find joy in little things and nature.

We came to drive away the darkness
in our hands is light and fire.
Everyone's a small light,
and all of us are a firm light.
Fight darkness      drive off blackness!
Fight because of the light!


7 comments:

  1. You are blessed to live by the sea. I have a black sweater that has pearl buttons on it. It was my moms and I wear it for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love coming here and seeing your headers...you have such talent my friend. Wishing you a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Jimmy Darren?? I know him as Vic Fontaine on Star Trek: Deep Space 9.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your beach house. I live near the beach, but not close enough

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello !
    Today has been rainy and grey , but time spent with friends always brightens things up !
    Your answer to #9 is mine , as well...many times , I should have zigged instead of zagged , but as a wise woman once told me , " If you hadn't been through that , you wouldn't be the person you are today ! " ....missing Mom...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.