z Cottage by the Sea : October... Tuesday 4

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

October... Tuesday 4

Sunday, October 8, 2023

October

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  So glad you are with us and I hope you will enjoy this week's questions.   Let us know if you have any ideas for themes.

found on Facebook.. I don't know who created it.
Here on the sea coast the weather is very chilly.  We are in the low 50s by night and the low 60's by day. Leaves are turning and will be falling soon.

1.  What does this picture make you think about? 
It makes me think of being in the mountains spending time with people I love.  The Poconos, the Watchung Mountains, Lake Placid, rural Massachusetts and New Hampshire or Vermont.... so lovely.
2. If you could spend a week in that cottage would you do it and who would you bring along with you?
Yes, I would and bring along my family and friends.  We could have the best time ever!
3.  What kind of meal do you think represents October best? How about cookie or cake or dessert?
I think of beef bourguignon , crusty Italian bread with cheese.  I think that Snickerdoodles are the perfect cookie and Black Forest Cake is the best cake.
4.  Thinking of October, what song would go well with the month? What song would go well with this picture?
October goes so well with the song Autumn in New York. Frank Sinatra does a great job with that.    I   think the song, And When October Goes  by Barry Manilow would go nicely with the picture.
   October really is the height of Autumn.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love snickerdoodles too! And I love October maybe even better than September, even though September is my birth month. October just has a special kind of magic in the air! Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Manilow fan ... yea! I've never tasted beef bourguignon, but reading the 'how-to' is making my mouth water. Win or lose, I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your answers. It's interesting reading the different responses. I would never think of snickerdoodles. In fact I don't think I've ever had one. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to visit here today !
    Lovely painting...cottages always bring to mind the gathering of close family and friends , apple picking , the compelling scent of fresh-baked bread wafting in the crisp Autumn air...hearty soups and stews on the back burner...always brownies (no frosting , thank you , but walnuts are welcome) and Wellsley Chocolate Fudge Cake ! Oohhh , SO food-motivated...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo , and a fire in the fireplace !!! ...Hot apple cider in hand-warming mugs , good conversation...

      Delete
  5. I love snickerdoodle cookies! I think I will make some this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that beef would be yummy...I've often heard of it but never made it. I love snickerdoodles.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.