Friday, November 17, 2023

Clarksville... saturday 9

Thursday here for me... it was just last Thursday. Time flies when you are busy.
The song for Saturday 9 is one of the famous Monkees songs that I remember so well.  My boyfriend and I would watch their show after school at his house. I loved it. He put up with it for me I think.    Then we would  set the table for his Mom then go pick her up from her job at Woolworths.     We ate dinner at his house or my house most nights for a long time.

"Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer questions, however, and here are today's questions!"

Saturday 9: Last Train to Clarksville (1966)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) When did you most recently take a train?
Into  Manhattan , not sure of the exact date really.

2) The lyrics promise "coffee-flavored kisses and a bit of conversation." Have you more recently had coffee, a kiss, or a chat?
 Having coffee as I write this on Thursday evening.  Had a nice chat this afternoon.

3) The record opens with a guitar riff inspired by The Beatles' "Day Tripper." Can you play guitar?
 I played a little bit back in high school.
4) The lead vocals are performed by Micky Dolenz. He is the only surviving member of the Monkees. Without looking it up, can you name his bandmates?
 Peter Tork, Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones.

5) The Monkees starred in an award-winning sitcom for two seasons. In Season 2, Micky surprised fans by appearing with a curly perm. Do you curl, straighten or color your hair?
  I don't bother with curling and I don't need to straighten.

6) Micky also did a stint at WCBS radio in New York. He spun the oldies every morning and helped his listeners get ready for work. Do you turn on the radio or TV when you first wake up?
No, I don't.
 
7) Micky's daughter, Ami, followed her father into show business, appearing in several movies and a recurring role in General Hospital. If you followed your father into his profession, what would you have done for a living? 
I would have first been vice president and chief chemist of a big chemical company and later opened my own store.
8) In 1966, when this song topped the charts, miniskirts took the fashion world by storm. What have you recently added to your wardrobe?
Nothing at all really. Not been clothing shopping in a long time.  I tend to wear what I have until I can't wear it anymore.
9) Random question -- You order chicken noodle soup and a packet of saltines arrives with the bowl. Do you: 1) break the crackers into pieces and stir them into your soup or 2) squeeze them in your hand and sprinkle the crumbles into your soup or 3) leave them untouched?
I leave them untouched.

7 comments:

  1. I remember the Monkees and this song very well. Fun times. I haven't ridden a train in years...I think the last time was the Conway Scenic Railroad in North Conway, NH, and also the Cog Railroad up to the top of Mt. Washington, NH. Both wonderful/exciting rides! If I am given a packet of saltine crackers with chicken noodle soup I may just eat them as is, or if the soup is too watery I will crumble them into the soup. This was a fun little post. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always crumble my crackers and make a mess, grin...that's the fun part of eating soup, LOL. I hope you have a beautiful day, Annie. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. When people say they're having coffee or meeting friends for coffee it always conjures up such cozy images, but I don't like the stuff. Never have. I did enjoy a delicious cup of carmel apple tea this morning, though. I think it's my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8...I tend to wear out my clothes too. There is nothing wrong with that. I had to get rid of several pair of jeans this year though, so I had to buy some new ones. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't remember Nesmith in the Monkees. I wear my clothes out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello !
    What a nice post !
    It's 34degrees and sunny here...on Sunday morning . Had a lovely chat with a dear friend yesterday...nice to share coffee and conversation !
    Have a wonderful day , one and all !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.