z Cottage by the Sea : Sunday Stealing

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Sunday Stealing




A
   little advice from Calamity Jane. My husband used to call me Calamity Jane because I was  always in one calamity or another.

A lovely and fun Sunday full of stealing!  Sunday Stealing that is..   
Join in here.  Thank you Bev for the fun.
Today the questions are stolen from the League of Extraordinary  Pen Pals!

1, People I'd like to thank and why...everyone I know. Each and every person including all of you here have helped me grow and develop as a person.

2. Something I rebelled against as a kid   
Teachers. Didn't think much of them. I was a perpetual Breakfast Club member.

3. What I need to accomplish before the end of the year   
Finishing off home projects.  Redoing the Kitchen is next.

4. Guilty pleasures right now.  Well, I don't feel guilty about any of it and don't intend to but here goes: Spending time outside in the crisp fall air. 
Watching The FBI Files, 48 Hours and Black Barrel Medias Infamous America 
172 feet of safety and light

5. Local landmarks:  Barnegat Light, Lucy the Elephant, Buttermilk Falls... too many to list.
This is one of many lighthouses on the Jersey coast but this one is across from my house and down the coast a wee bit.
I can see it on a clear night.
Princeton University





6. Cause or purpose I deeply believe in:  St Jude Hospital.

7. Things I never learned to do: roller skate though I am a good ice skater.

8. Seasonal traditions I’m always excited for: Every single one of them!

9. Something I’d like to be mentored on.. foreign languages I suspect and gardening.

10. Exotic animals I wish I could keep as pets.  No, no exotics and no pets.  I just don't like the term pet either.

11. Something normal to me, that might be odd to others: 
I can think of many things at one time.  I can't stand when people drone on and on. I begin a project and do everything all around it at the same time.
 
12. The last book I quit reading and why.  It was an Anne of Green Gables book. I forget which one but I tossed it across the room when it was obvious that Lucy Montgomery got bored with writing and made a trite throw away ending. You could see it coming.

13. Right now, I appreciate... Being single actually.  I am more carefree and light hearted now. My friends said to me the other day, you are so lighthearted now and for a long time you were so unhappy and down. 

My new 6ft Noble Fir tree.
14. When “the holiday season” starts for me .........
 It's begun already.  My new tree arrived from King of
Christmas.. a 6 ft Noble fir.  Its smaller and lighter than my other tree which is over 7.5 feet and loaded with thick branches.  This is the old fashioned style tree from the early days.
I am ordering flickering candles for the branches and I will put on ropes of cranberry garland and bright red baubles.

15. Holiday foods and treats I love the most:  my own sausage stuffing.  Black Forest Cake, birthday cake for my birthday, mashed potatoes with sour cream and a touch of horse radish sauce in it.
Potato  LATKES!!!!! And I just adore a roast beef, jacket potatoes and roasted Brussel Sprouts, Plum Pudding with Rum or Brandy sauce.

16. “Terrible” movies that I actually like... The Giant Gila Monster.  Its  a really great 1950's drive in movie. Love it!

17. Cooking all day for holiday dinner vs. ordering carry-out
Cooking but this year we are going to a beautiful winery for an 8 course dinner and dessert table.

18. If I were trapped in a holiday movie, I’d pick...There are so many Hallmark movies that are wonderful. 

19. Which holiday tradition I wish lasted all year long.   All of them. Just every single lovely tradition there is over and over again.

20. Favorite books, music, tv, movies and music this month
Movies: DUH! Hallmark Christmas movies.  Songs for the Autumn season.  Book: Early Autumn by Robert Parker.




3 comments:

  1. I love lighthouses! I'm happy that the single life suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we found our holiday lover! I wish I shared your enthusiasm for the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings !
    We share many of the same answers !
    So glad you chose these questions !
    Have a terrific day and enjoy your new tree !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.