Saturday, November 25, 2023

Long Cool Woman.


I Hope your Thanksgiving was nice, peaceful and delicious too.
 Saturday (I write these on Friday afternoon) is my birthday.   I will be 21 yet again.    
If you wonder why I don't comment for a day or so, I keep offline until Saturday evening .
Now it's time for Saturday 9.
 Long Cool Woman (in a Black Dress) 1972

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song begins with Hollies' lead singer Allan Clarke telling us of a Saturday night
trip downtown, taken at the behest of the FBI. What are your plans for Saturday night? (No, we don't expect you to tell us you'll be working undercover for a government agency.)
Well I will be working undercover for a 3 letter government agency.. oh..  you don't want the truth? 
Well then It's my birthday and so I will be having a pizza party and cake with my friends and family. in the evening.

2) At a bar, he meets a woman in a black dress. The LBD, or little black dress, is a wardrobe staple for many women because it's appropriate for almost any occasion. Let's say you get a last-minute invitation for a "dressy" dinner this weekend and you don't have the time or money to buy something new. What's your go-to outfit from your closet?
It would be my little black dress.. black satin with a "diamond" belt.  

3) Everyone at the bar starts to run when they hear sirens. Do you often hear sirens in your neighborhood?
No, its very rare. Usually would be an ambulance.
4) In 1972, the year this week's song was on the charts, Popeye's opened their first fast-food chicken restaurant in Louisiana. Now that the Thanksgiving feast is over, will you be eating any carry-out this weekend?
No.   
5) Black is this week's signature color because November 24 was Black Friday, when retailers historically have slashed their prices and the holiday shopping season begins. Have you begun your gift shopping?
No.  
6) Walmart, Best Buy and Target all advertise heavily on Black Friday. If you could have a $100 gift card from one of those stores, which would you choose? What would you buy?
Probably some cosmetics at Target or some pierced earrings there because they have a really nice supply of Nickle free earrings.
7) This Monday is sometimes known as Cyber Monday because shoppers can find big savings online. Do you shop confidently online, or do you worry about security breaches and identity theft?
I don't like shopping online but I have bought a few things that way.
8) What are you thankful for this year?
As my friends recently told me, they have never seen me so happy.   I feel more light hearted and free than I have in a while.    I am thankful to be free. I am thankful for friends and family. 
9) Random question: Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone (texting doesn't count)?
I talked to my daughter on the phone tonight.  She was here this afternoon, but I had to ask her a question later on so I called.

7 comments:

  1. Wishing you a beautiful HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Annie, Happy Birthday to you! And many more! Hope you have a wonderful day of celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Annie! I am so glad you are happy! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi !
    Hope you enjoyed the pizza , cake and the whole day !
    Sooo glad you are free...the good possibilities greet you with open arms , my friend !
    May you have the desires of your heart...now and always !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.