Saturday, December 23, 2023

Sunday Stealing


Happy Christmas Eve! 
Renault Winery

Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Join in here.



1. Who did you spend time with this year? Friends, family and lovely strangers met along the way at the
Rodeo, baseball games and Thanksgiving at the Winery.

2. Anything change with the pets in your life?   My fish have gone into hibernation for the winter.
reflecions on the pond.. snow, tree..
fish beneath.



3. What was your job like this year? What do you do? Did any roles or assignments change? If you aren’t employed, base this question on your work at home or volunteering.
    My job this year was the same as it has been for decades.. being Mom and  Mamaw and passing along skills and info to the family.  I am a chief cook, bottle washer, hostess, homemaker, advice giver, shoulder lender, doctor, lawyer, negotiator, medical expert, .... many things.

4. What was the best book you read this year?  How many did you read?   I didn't read any books really this year. Nothing to conclusion anyway.

5. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently? 
I had birthday cake and presents from friends and family.  I was 20 yet again and intend to keep being 20. No I feel the same as usual.

6. What political or social issue stirred you the most?     Nope, not today.

7. Who was the most interesting new person you met?  Again it was people met on outings. I don't know all their names but they were great people and I had a wonderful time talking to them.

8. What changed in your home? Got lights put up for the holidays by a professional!! So cool.

9. What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts)  Can be a new skill or a life lesson.
 That people can say the nicest things to you and be lying the whole time never meaning a word of it.   

10. What was your favourite outfit for warm weather? Cooler weather?  what do you wear when you dress up? Any new clothes or accessories you really love?
Warm weather: jeans and a tee shirt.  Cold weather; jeans and sweatshirts.  Dress up: skirt and blouse or dress.  Accessories I love.. my gold rings. My gold drop earrings. Necklaces given to me as gifts.

11. Did you make or give up on any efforts to be healthier? Diet, water, exercise etc?   Drinking more water, eating far less food.. well on the way to high school weight.

12. Fave meals, snacks, desserts, restaurants etc? Eat out or eat in?   Fav meals  stuffed cabbage, spaghetti, meat loaf, enchiladas.  Snacks: unsalted nuts or potato chips.  Restaurants.. Johnny G's. 
In or Out.. I mostly eat in but I do enjoy going out

In my home office


13. Did you learn any new crafts or techniques?   What was your favourite thing you made? 
A few new techniques in painting.  I am liking a new painting I am working on.
14. What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?  (Some suggestions-family, travel, work, lifestyle, hobbies, pets, appearance)  I want to visit  Cape May before the holidays are over.

15. What was the best new/new-to-you thing you a) bought b) made c) acquired in some other way?
I was bought a new desk chair for my birthday. Its very nice to say the least!


7 comments:

  1. I put a new desk chair on my Christmas wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a beautiful Christmas, Annie. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of the pond/snow/fish is so cool! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post! Wishing all y'all a very Merry Christmas friend! Thanks for "following". xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom and Mamaw are very important jobs! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #9 - Most important lesson learned - That peace and contentment comes with gratitude for all the little provisions made for us , as well as the big blessings...
    that the "promises" of folks are to be viewed as blessings in that moment , with no expectation for their fulfillment .
    Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and many New Years of good health , peace and JOY !

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. -
    Your header is adorable !
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.