Thursday, June 13, 2024

Hodgepodge on Thursday

Greetings freinds.
From this Side of the Pond
Wednesday Hodgepodge on Thursday....
1. June 12 is National Simplicity Day. In what way is your life simple? What's one way that it's not? 
I think belief in God simplifies my life.  I try not to let things get complicated in my daily life to the extent that is possible.   My life is not simple because I am disabled which makes things hard at time and I am on a road to fix my damaged home which is financially a burden... but all that said, it is God who simplifies it all for me in the end and brings me back into proper focus.

2. Something you remember from a 'simpler time'?   Going to school and enjoying my childhood and teenage life very much.

3. Do you like squash? If so what's your favorite variety? What's a favorite way to prepare squash?  I like Pumpkin in pie.   I like zucchini squash baked and spaghetti squash with sauce.

4. Do you shop the warehouse stores (such as Costco, Sam's B.J's, etc)? If so how often do you go, and what's something you always buy in this type of store?    I don't have a membership in any of them. When my husband was alive he had one and we bought toilet paper, spices, sauces, canned goods.  and I would buy  health related items like vitamins, etc.  

5. Father's Day is this coming Sunday. Any plans to make the day special? Tell us something about your own father, or something about your hubs as a father, or about someone who stepped into your life and acted as a father if yours was not a part of your life. 

My father has been gone since 1984.  My husband passed 3 years ago on June 7th  so I have no  reason to observe the day. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.   

Around the neighborhood

See you on Friday... Ann

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers to Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks for stopping over at my post. (((HUGS))) to you on Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.