Saturday, June 1, 2024

Swapping Bots on a Sunday

Sunday Stealing is a welcome break in the week. I enjoy reading what other bloggers have to say.  I am always behind in commenting but, I do try to get to it.  As with many things in life I need to get a move on!   

It's been a rainy week off and on and I have had trials and tribulations with  gardeners who fail to show up to cut my weeds. I say weeds as that is what passes for a lawn at my house.   As for what passes for gardeners these days, I don't know what to say except that some of them show up when and if they want and sometimes not at all until said weeds look like Evangeline's Forest Primeval.    I hope I have the problem solved now but we will see.    I'd do it all myself but disability stands in the way.  It is just too much for me now.  

  So, here now is Sunday Stealing curtesy of Bev Sykes . 

This week it is stolen from SwapBot 




1. If you like art, who is your favorite artist and why? Eduard Cortez, 1882-1969,the 
master impressionist.   
Edouard Cortez Port St. Denis

2. If you were able to learn any three skills or talents instantly and with success, what would they be?    Speaking all languages fluently, Playing piano like a concert pianist, fly like Tinkerbelle spreading glitter everywhere.

3. If you were to live in Ancient Times, where - in what country - would you want to live in?  

Live in? None. They were all pretty awful, not to say we aren't today as well with our cowboy shoot em up mentality. Guns are the replacement for a lack of moral courage. No, I am not condemning ownership of guns, but the reliance on them.   

  I would rather visit in an invisible guise and then leave when I had enough.  Ancient empires and civilizations are nothing to write home about. For instance, back in the day you could smell Mexico City before you got there due to the thousands of dead bodies from their continual human sacrifices.  The priest wore dreadlocks like the Canaanite priests, matted with blood and excretion from the dead.  No thanks. These were horrible civilizations and people.  So just an invisible visit thank you.   

4. What is something you’re embarrassed to admit to liking? Whether it be a guilty pleasure show, or unusual hobby, etc.

Nothing really.  If I would have to be embarrassed I would not do it.



5. What is the worst job you’ve ever had?   Well, none of them were awful, but working in a corner convenience store and putting away huge pallets of milk twice a week into the refrigerator was very hard on my back since I had stenosis at the time.  It was severely painful at times.  I had no idea what was wrong. But I had to lift gallons and gallons from the top of a high pallet and place them down on shelves.  It was very hard for me.

Rue de la Paix. by Cortez

6. What is something that you wanted to do as a child that you would still like to do now?   Spend my days surfing, swimming, eating junk food on the boardwalk. Cram an endless supply of cotton candy into my face along with a bucket of fresh French fries with malt vinegar. Oh be still my heart.

7. What do you hate being judged for more than anything else?   My beliefs and ideas

8. What is your life’s mission?   to build good character.

9. If everyone walked around wearing warning labels, what would yours say?

"Keep a safe distance if you are a bully or things will not end well for you."

10. At what age did you first feel like you were an adult?  I will let you know when it happens.

To the left are freshly made boardwalk fries... the bucket is quite generous.. not little at all. They are made fresh right in front of you and served hot out of the fryer.  Pass me the vinegar please.

11. When did you not speak up, but wish you had?   You would be better off to ask when did I NOT speak up.   

12. What is something that makes your skin crawl?   Disgusting videos on "Reels".  Also, men who mansplain to women. And those who are part of the new craze that says women lose their value by age 30. Pure tripe.

13. What was the last thing to give you butterflies in your stomach?    Watching idiots do dangerous things for 'likes' in videos. I turn those off right away. It's not pleasant to see an idiot doing stupid things.

14. What's your favorite type of media to work with? (Paint, clay, pens etc.)  Whatever is near by and interests me at the moment.  

15. What question do you hate answering?   "What did you do that for?"  

Ann


7 comments:

  1. I just heard about this social media craze where women, usually outdoors alone, had to answer the question Man or Bear. Bear won, by a lot. https://bikepacking.com/plog/man-or-bear-debate/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I heard that too. One woman said it was because you can pepper spray or shoot the bear but you get in trouble if its a man. The world is weird. Very weird. There used to be a play called Stop the World I wanna get off.

      Delete
  2. I had to smile on #6, yep, let's do it, Annie. smiles---have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the part about living in the ancient time. Oops. I think I would have to change my answer. I was thinking about a visit. That sounds like a very physical job at the convenience store. I would not be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your answers. I would not want to live in ancient times. I'm just not made of that kind of stern stuff! If I could instantly learn three skills - well, maybe learn sign language fluently, be able to play my dulcimer well and I'd have to think about the third one. I hope you get your gardeners straightened out. Probably my most strenuous job was nursing before my retirement. I was having fibromyalgia flares back to back and it was painful. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind reading about life in ancient times, but living in them? I'll take that raincheck, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1. I like that painting. Defintely more my style.

    #2. Speaking ALL languages? Yes yes yes.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.