Saturday, July 13, 2024

Lazy Hazy Days of Summer Saturday 9 version

I write these on Thursday or Friday mornings. Today is Friday and it's been raining the whole day. My lawn guy came and cut the lawn in the pouring rain!! He was soaked to the skin and when he was done mowing, he ever used his weed whacker in even harder rain. Now that is dedication. I told him he didn't have to come and usually they cancel but, he wanted to come! I said that if he felt he could it was okay with me. I really thought the rain would stop for a while but, it only got worse. There is a video on my Facebook he took while mowing in that rain.    
 Out front the frogs are singing like crazy since they just love the rain. Out back the fish were playing in the rain drops. They love a good rain storm too.
This weeks Saturday 9 is the same title as my Friday Photos post!  If you didn't see the photos it would be nice if you scrolled down to take a look.
 You can hear the song here.
1) In this song, Nat King Cole sings about enjoying "soda and pretzels and beer." Which of those three would we find in your kitchen right now?
You would find beer kept for certain family members who like it.
2) The lyrics mention a romantic movie. Which movie couple do you believe had onscreen chemistry?
Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.
3) He wishes "summer could always be here." How has your summer been so far?
Just ducky really.  I am enjoying the weather.  It used to be that I moaned and complained about the heat and humidity.  Then I noticed so did most people and it work me up!  We were all constantly whining over  autumn coming and it hit me how awful that really is.  We were wishing our lives away and failing to make the most of what we have and what is handed to us.  I decided to stop and appreciate every season to the fullest measure I am able.   And it is working.    Now I get that if you are in Tucson or Las Vegas when the AC poops out, that is a horse of a very different color! But for the most part, with fans, air conditioning etc. we do okay over all.   That said, I am still very grateful to live in a state with 4 seasons that actually can be enjoyed!  Many live where windows cant be opened until fall and spend an entire season indoors. 
4) According to the song, a great warm weather meal includes sandwiches and weinies. Tell us about your perfect sandwich or, if you prefer, what you believe is the ideal way to dress a hot dog.
A hot dog needs to be French fried, served on a toasted bun with German Sauerkraut, Gold's NY Deli style mustard and Vlasic  relish. Not too much, just a tiny schmear but you must shovel on the sauerkraut and mustard like it is going out of style.  As a matter of fact, you can leave out the hot dog and just shovel on the sauerkraut.    But for hot dogs I buy A&H all beef kosher hot dogs which are very good Ranked no 1. 

5) Nat was a big baseball fan. Growing up in Chicago he played sandlot games and listened to Cubs games on the radio. As an adult he was a season ticket holder at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Do you enjoy playing/watching baseball or softball?
I enjoyed baseball as a kid

6) The lyrics of this week's song were written by Charlie Tobias, who wanted to create a sense of nostalgia for summers gone by. Share one of your special summer memories.
There are tons of them and most based on being on the beach.  I think spending a week in Wildwood was pretty special.  The boardwalk there was super!!   We packed our own food and off we went.  I was about 9
This chalk drawing was done on the boardwalk one night. I think it makes me look older than I was but I was about 9.  He did such nice work. I haven't changed much.
 
7) In 1963, one of the best-selling books was Happiness Is a Warm Puppy by Charles Schultz. The cover
showed Lucy giving Snoopy a big hug. Name another character from the Peanuts comic strip.
Schroeder and his piano.

8) Also in 1963, men were wearing thin, solid-color ties. Later in the decade, ties would become wider, patterned and more colorful. Where do you turn to keep up with fashion trends?
My mother was the fashion maven and selected all my things until I was married.  Now as long as its modest and somewhat nice I will wear it.

9) Random question: Would you rather be a cowboy or a pirate?
A cowboy for sure!

 

8 comments:

  1. Very nice drawing. And that you still have it …wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love that drawing of you, and yes, it does look older than age 9, but still very good and how wonderful that you have kept it all these years. I like the sounds of your favorite hot dog. I also like sauerkraut and mustard on my hotdog, but you can leave off the relish. I am trying to eat more sauerkraut these days as the Dr. said it is good for me. I enjoyed your thoughts about seasons and summer, etc. Of course, you know where I live we are ones who have to have our windows shut all summer long with the AC on. It is just way too humid to open them even on less hot days. Once that humidity gets inside, it is hard to get it back out! I don't mind the heat as much as the humidity! LOL. And yes, a cowboy would be better than a pirate. I'm not very sea-worthy! LOL. And I always wanted a horse. Have a lovely Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet drawing, Annie! I do remember hearing that song as a kid; my parents and older relatives would sing it a lot in the summertime. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute drawing! I know we're not supposed to covet but that rain you talked about - could you send some my way? Such dedication though to mow and weed whack in the rain!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom picked all of my clothes until I went to college. She is not a fashion maven though. I just hate shopping. I always have. I think it is because she dragged me out as a kid and we would spend hours at the mall. I hated it. Loved your answers!
    Have a nice weekend! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice drawing. I can't believe the man mowed the yard in the rain. I would be afraid of clogging the mower or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a nice drawing! Our gardener has some in the rain too. I like Vlasic dill relish too. My mom was really good with fashion. I still have a couple of her dresses and most of her hats which she got on trips to NY. I let my friends wear the hats for our women's tea events.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love visiting here !
    Hot dogs are a favorite of mine...they are SO good french-fried ! A friend keeps telling me about Jersey's Italian hot dogs , but I still haven't had one , so says this transplant ...lol Stay safe and well !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.