Saturday, July 13, 2024

Sunday Stealing Summer

 
Joining with Sunday Stealing:


2. What is your favorite summer beverage?  
Iced tea

3. Have you seen any fireflies/lightning bugs yet?   Cicadas?
No Cicadas but plenty of Lightning Bugs or fireflies.

4. What are the last 3 things you bought online?
 50lbs of  pond fish food, filter pads, water conditioner,

Our town cools off here in our backyard.
5. Where do locals go to cool off?
 My own house or anywhere on the water in my town.

6. Where did you buy your last postcard and what was on the pc?
 I haven't bought a postcard in decades. What do you mean by pc? personal computer or what?

7. What's your favorite summertime scent?
  As usual, the ocean breeze.  

8. What kind of a/c do you have -central, room, fans only, chillers, none and what temperature do you set it to?
I have two air conditioners. One big one in the living room wall that does the whole house and one in my bedroom window.

9. Do you have a summer vacation planned and if so, where are you really going??
   No.  I live in a vacation spot.

10. What are your favorite summer activities? 
    Beach, boardwalk, watching the fish in the pond, enjoying the yard, eating picnic food.   There are fireworks
and band concerts in the park every Wednesday night
and also on the beach every Wednesday night.

11.  What's your favorite summertime food?
   Hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, fresh veggies, peach shortcake.

12. Did you ever go to summer school?
No, never had to.

13. What's your favorite summertime memory?
      Going to Cape May the oldest Victorian vacation spot in America, right on the very end of the New Jersey peninsula. Gas light, horses and carriages, huge Victorian homes, all on the ocean front.  
Cape May, row upon row
of Victorian homes
 Popular with many Presidents, writers and stars,  It is such a romantic and beautiful town on the Jersey Shore.

  14. Do you like fireworks?
  Yes, I like them a lot but not the noise.   I love watching them on the beach where I can feel the warm sea breezes and smell the fresh salt air at night. 
 
15. How do you feel about the longer days of summer?
      No one should monkey with time.  It is very bad for your heart but some very unsmart people want to make Daylight Saving Time permanent. 
   

8 comments:

  1. We had an air conditioner in our bedroom in years past. I think my wife believes we don't need it. I know she's incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, its a great luxury to have air conditioning in the bedroom!!

      Delete
  2. We have central ac's and ceiling fans. It's too hot down here in Florida not to have ac. Wishing you a beautiful day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want hot dogs for supper. Yum.
    We have a huge central A/C for the whole house and now have a large BTU window unit permanently installed in the Living Room window for back up. Thanks to our current Admin and the EPA capacitors are set to quit every 2 years which shuts down the A/C. Be prepared. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not hear the cicadas this summer either. We have plenty of fireflies too. I love them. They have always been magical to me. I loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer isn't a pleasant season here in Georgia, and I don't know if we could make it without our A/C (central system). I have really enjoyed seeing the fireflies this season, too. Oh, and quit messing with that dang time change!
    Blessings, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about not changing the time . Every time man decides he knows better than God , it doesn't end well for man ! the fireflies are , indeed magical...I've seen two , so far .
    As to air conditioning , my home has geriatric central A/C which was able to match the inside temps to the mid-to high 90s , so far...sigh . The repair man has goosed the condenser with refrigerant, but the leak is not able to be fixed and a new system is called for ! sigh...back to Ramen noodles...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of Cape May. That sounds like a nice vacation spot.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.