Tuesday, August 13, 2024

A Little Tea Party and Happiness Challenge

Hi!   
 Another Tuesday has hit and I do mean hit. Time is flying.   

 Welcome back to another of Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.
For my southern friends.. I pray the weather lightens up on you all.  I know it's been a very rough summer heat wise.  Let's pray together for a solution.

This week could we talk about your personal thoughts?

1. Do you find yourself day dreaming about your situation and things you would love to do if only...?

 Yes. I daydream about how I would fix up the house and yard.  Sometimes I come up with actual good ideas and sometimes its pie in the sky by and by.

2. If you are having tea/coffee, a little break in the day does your mind wander off to other thoughts and meditations.

Yes indeed.  If I am not reading or watching a vlog or movie I am considering the day, what needs to be done , what should be done.  I ponder people's  situations and remember friends in extra prayer for their special needs and intentions.

3. Do you find yourself meditating or revisiting in your mind a scripture, verse from a book you've read and it's impact on you?

All the time!  I save things in my mind and ponder them from time to time! I think about how it applies to my life, how I can do better etc.  The back of my mind is filled with all kinds of facts, figures and questions that I can bring out, stitch together and come to conclusions with. After you save and ponder in your mind and heart, you will find answers to many things.

4.  Do you find yourself sometimes replaying conversations with others?   Are there books or movies that stay vivid in your mind.    

Yes. I wonder if I should change things I've said. Lately I realize that the answer is no.  I said what needed to be said and that's that.   One day I will be held to account for not saying  the truth.  

Proverbs says, Faithful are the wounds of a friend but many are the kisses of an enemy.

A true friend will call a spade a spade even if it bothers you.  Others will tell you everything you do and say is just dandy.   We live in a time when pious platitudes are the accepted doctrine for many. They sound nice but they lead down an evil path.  Facebook in particular is full of pious platitudes that just are not truth.

 August Happiness Challenge:   Looking back on the past everything worked together to bring a good conclusion over and over again.  This is a powerful lesson in trust.

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoy these, Annie! They make me think. I hope you're doing okay and that Debby didn't hit you too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yes, Yes, no matter how much we 'rehash' things, somehow everything works out for good. He tells us that in His Word. Have a great day Annie☺♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes think what I would do to my house if I had the money. If I had the money, I would by a new house. If I had your house, I would just fix it up. You are blessed to live by the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent answers. yes, I do think about things I'd like to fix if I could, but since I know I can't I just try to make do with what we have and make the best of it. I am learning to make do with less these days and it's just fine and dandy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find myself in a transitional state...neither here , nor there , but somewhere in the middle .
    A specific task must be completed before moving on , but it seems to require more time and strength than hoped ...one foot in front of the other/repeat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers Annie. I really like that Proverb you shared too. I live by it. God bless. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers here. I also am grateful you host this as it is always a surprise. Our kids were here two weeks from Western NY so I am sill missing that grand boy and wishing I would wake up and see his smiling face in my living room! But our daughter told her dad today they plan to come out here in dec for the little one's first birthday. I am praying for good weather. That Proverb was a good share. I think I am going to post Psalm 2 on my social media. It holds so many truths for our world today. I have been i=moving in a slow state all week long. I worked hard catching up laundry for the two of us and our daughter and her husband as they went camping. I was worn out. Again thanks for all you do. Have a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read several different books this week, and they've all had an impact on me. And, I'm working on writing a new book myself, so lots of pondering over the plot and characters too. I enjoyed your beautiful blog post today, and the lovely tea poem you shared! I hope the weather clears up for you! This has been a difficult summer for so many people. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.