Sunday, August 18, 2024

Rainy Days and Sundays

Rainy night here on the east coast.  There are craft warnings up and flooding alerts but right here by the bay the rain is sporadic and misty at best.  Off shore winds keep the weather at bay blowing it inland. So the much needed rain is pretty much a bust right here on the edge of the coast. 
Inland towards Pennsylvania its raining a lot and off shore its pretty wild since Hurricane Ernesto is churning  over Bermuda which is not really far from us here by sea and hence the craft warnings, etc.  The Atlantic is wild tonight.  
So it seems like a good night to find something fun to do and Sunday Stealing always fits the bill.

Join Here
  "Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves."  Thanks to Bev Sykes!
Questions are from Swap Bot.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU ....

1 - Handwrote a letter to a friend?

Probably years ago.


2 - Cried?
Probably a good while ago.

3 - Fell over?
  Years ago.

4 - Bought a present for someone?
Probably in January for the Little's birthday.

5 - Had a pajama day?
 It's been a while.

6 - Watched a movie that you wouldn't have gone to the cinema to see?
Earlier in the week... though if I lived back in the 40s I probably would have gone to see it.
7 - Stayed up all night?
The other night.. I got to reading a very good article so I went to bed at 10:30AM and slept until nearly 4PM. 
8 - Bought something on eBay?
I have never bought anything on eBay.
9 - Colored in a coloring book?
I have a sketch book I do water color and cartoons in... It's been a while for an actual coloring book.
10 - Told someone you love them?
I tell family every time I talk to them.
11 - Kissed someone?
One of the family the other day.
12 - Went to the doctors? 
I dislike many doctors and their 'ways'.  I went a couple months ago. Otherwise I avoid them like the plague.
13 - You traveled by train? 
A couple of years I took the train into the city. Oh.. when we say the city here in New Jersey we mean New York.
14 - Screamed because you were scared?
A very long time ago.
15 - Visited your hometown?
Probably in the late 1990's and its only 70 miles north of me but there are very few people left there anymore.
16 - Went on vacation?
Probably since about 1992 on a trip to Canada.  
17 - Finished reading a book?
Jersey Shore Blueclaws game
I am reading all the time and finishing and starting weekly.
18 - Went to a church service?
  The Sabbath, Saturday (yesterday) 
19 - Wore a hat?
Winter for a real hat but I wear baseball caps for rodeo, baseball games, etc. to keep sun out of my eyes. This photo is from last summer at a game.

20 - Turned off your mobile phone? 
Everyday for a few hours.  I also never keep my phone on my person or or near me.  It is always far away from me.
  
Tonight Tuesday 4 will be available for you.   I hope you will come join in.  
Please leave a quick 'hello' in comments. It's nice to hear from you.

10 comments:

  1. This week, my wife texted me to add to the shopping list, but I didn't have the phone on because, while I find it a necessity, I HATE having the phone on. And I NEVER carry it at home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only carry my phone when I am driving to and from work (because of work being a drive). I am not even allowed to carry it in to work, so it stays in the car. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not trust doctors very much any more, and that's saying a lot about the current society we live in. I do depend on my phone being charged and with me, but that's mostly for staying in touch with family. That baseball cap looks great on you, Annie.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Jane. Since there are no public phones anymore, its been made needful to have a cell. I don't like them much though.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, you have lovely eyes. I think that the first picture of you I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is probably weird . . .but I have to be sick to have a pajama day. I just don't like wearing my nightshirt all day. We did all wear Christmas pj's to work a couple of years ago, but mine were basically plaid flannel pants with an oversized sweater. Even then, I felt weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your header picture at the top. That is so beautiful!! You are so talented. Love YOUR picture too. Yes, you are lovely!! Sorry to hear you are having such stormy turbulent weather. That storm didn't come near our coast down here, but we are thankful. Debby was enough for a while. I don't wear PJ's all day. I do have what I call "house clothes", that are comfy capris and a t-shirt (which gets changed daily). I wear them because not only are they comfy, but the shirts are mostly old and I don't care if I spill things on them or get grease on them or bleach if I am cleaning the sinks, or drip my tea on them. I just make sure I change clothes before I go out anywhere or if company is coming. I do keep my phone nearby because we don't have a house phone anymore and that is our source of communication. I always take it with me if I go outside in case I should fall or something happen, or if I see a bird or flower or something that I need to take a picture of. My hubby has a cell phone too, but he rarely uses it. However I tell him to keep it charged and nearby if I am going out anywhere in case I need to reach him, or if I get locked out of the house accidentally. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hand written notes are wonderful to receive ! The latest that I sent was to my grandson out west . It was a great delight to receive a response written by him !! It may seem like a small thing , but it has the power to turn someone's day into something special .
    Stay safe and well !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.