z Cottage by the Sea : The Cozy Pastime of Reading. and some Sunday Stealing

Monday, September 28, 2026

The Cozy Pastime of Reading. and some Sunday Stealing


Hello friends!
Everytime I try to type the number 4 ,  I hit the 5  and it isn't unusual for me to type fiends for friends. 
  Did you take typing in high school?  I did and so glad that I did and I got proficient at it too.  Makes blogging so much easier. Now if I can just get the 4 right and remember to hit the 'r' in friends I will be doing  a lot better!  
Now, on with the show... Tuesday 4. 
Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we give you 4 questions to think about each week.
People make reading lists for the various seasons and many mention how cozy it can be to cuddle up in a favorite spot to read.

1. Do you have a list of books you'd like to read? 
Every Autumn I like to re-read Early Autumn by Robert B. Parker who is one of my favorite authors.  I also read Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie, and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving.


I don't live far from the Catskill Mountains in New York and Tarrytown is not too far away..so I enjoy reading about the area.

2. Where do you get ideas for books you want to read?  What kind of books catch your interest?
Ideas for books to read come from other people's recommendations but also from advertisements and book reviews.
I am most interested in books I can relate to or that spark my imagination.  I like books set in areas I love, like  my beloved New England.   I also like books with good cover art.

3. What have you read lately?  Close to Shore by Michael Capuzzo. It's the story of the bull
shark that attacked people in Matawan Creek here in New Jersey back in the early 1900's.  Bull sharks swim up fresh and brackish water creeks to spawn and are very dangerous and aggressive.
During this current Nor'easter here in New Jersey bull sharks have been swimming in the streets having come from the salt ponds and creeks and the ocean.  We are very flooded right now.  My street is a little river the last few days.
Also, The Blood of Avalon  by Adrain Gilbert...the story of the grail dynasty.
The Rise of the Fourth Reich  by Jim Marrs.


The Beginning by
Avigdor Miller zt"l.  It is a commentary on Genesis.

4. How do you find time to read and where do you make yourself cozy and comfy to read?
I read and listen almost constantly.  I dedicate my time to learning and gathering information.
I usually read at my desk or at the dining room table.  Most other chairs are not comfortable for me at all. Cozy reading involves cups of tea or coffee and a nice seat cushion.  A lunch when listening to a book or documentary is often cream of tomato soup and a toasted New Jersey tomato sandwich with balsamic vinegar dressing.  New Jersey is famous for tomatoes because of our rich soil. 
Thanks for taking part in this continuation of Toni's weekly meme and if you haven't done so remember it is never too late to join in.  You can use these questions anytime you want.  Just copy and paste them into your post.   It is very simple to do and there are very simple tutorials online if you are not computer literate.  You will catch on in less than a minute!
If you have ideas for subjects just let me know here or in comments on this blog or on Tuesday 4 which is linked in the tabs above.


Here is Sunday Stealing:

Hi, 

 Welcome to Sunday Stealing. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!

Once again this week we aren't stealing, we're contributing! These are questions suggested by our "usual suspects." If you can, please take a moment and visit your fellow thieves. 

DIY Meme

1. If you were trapped in a TV universe for a month, what TV show would you choose? (Kwizgiver) 
Ozzie and Harriet, Life with Father, Andy Griffith Show, Family Matters cuz the parents were wonderful and I loved Steve Urkel.

2. What song instantly revs you up and gets you going?  (Annie)
America (We're coming to America) by Neil Diamond. 
  September.. Earth Wind and Fire,
 After the Love Has Gone.. earth wind and fire,   
AC/DC Thunderstruck.
Hey Teacher, leave them kids alone.. Pink Floyd.

3. Are you decorating your home for fall? (Lori)  
A  little bit but not too much this year .  

4. How do you treat a cold? (Syl) 
At the slightest hint of a cold I take zinc lozenges, echineca and vitamin C.  Usually that nips it in the bud.

5. What insignificant thing would you be genuinely annoyed if you lost it or it was taken from you? (Lisa)
My bed pillows and blankets, my coffee cup, and my Fuller Brush carpet sweeper.
6. What place do you remember vividly, even though you haven't been there in years? (Country Dew) 
My grandparents house where I was born.
7. Do you have a favorite Dolly Parton song or story? (Roger) 

The song Hard Candy Christmas, a term for a difficult life something I know very well.


Thank you for playing! Please come back next week.

2 comments:

  1. I remember Ozzie and Harriet. Rick really looked like Ozzie back when he was a bandleader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm often attracted to a book by it's cover. Unfortunately I've often been disappointed in the contents so I hope you have more success than I. I hope too that you don't see any bull sharks swimming in your streets due to all the rain you're having. Take care and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.