Friday, July 26, 2024

Nevertheless.. Saturday 9

Liza Minnelli is one of my favorite singer/performers.   Her album Liza with a Z was one I just love.
 I loved her mother's singing as well.   Doesn't Liza sound so much like Judy? Yet not exact and with a wonderful fresh take on songs too I think.

Here I am joining with Saturday 9 for the weekly fun thanks to  Sam Winters

Nevertheless I'm in Love with You. 1969
Unfamiliar with this week's song?           Hear It Here

1) In this song, Liza Minnelli acknowledges that she may be "taking a terrible chance." Have you done anything risky lately?
 Not really, no.

2) In 1969, when Liza recorded this song, she was 23 and her career was really beginning to take off. She was a sought-after guest on TV talk and variety shows and received her first Oscar nomination. Give us a quick overview of your life at 23.

I was married with 2 kids, a Scottish terrier, a chihuahua/Jack Russell mix and living in Murray, Utah in this apartment on Little Cottonwood Creek.
I think they are Condos now. They are so nice inside.

3) Also in 1969, the first Gap store was opened in San Francisco. What have you recently added to your wardrobe? If yes, where did you buy it?
I have not bought clothing in  about 8 years.  

4) Liza says she always has apple juice in her refrigerator. What's something you're certain to have in your frig?
Butter, eggs, milk, heavy cream, real maple syrup, Wickles relish , carrots, celery, mayonnaise, and  Crayonnaise horseradish sauce /

5) Liza's favorite card game is poker. What's yours?
I don't have one and really don't know how to play cards at all except for Old Maids and Go Fish.

6) Though Liza recorded the song in 1969, "Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)" was written way back in 1931. It has been recorded more than 50 times by artists as diverse as Bing Crosby, Andy Gibb and Bob Dylan. Before today, had you heard it?
Yes, many times through the years.   Since I love radio and old movies  and you hear those songs all the time that way.
7) "Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)" is credited to Bert Kalmer and his partner, Harry Ruby. Another one of their hits was "Who's Sorry Now?" Do you owe anyone an apology?
No, not lately but there are a few who owe me.  I won't hold my breathe though since it's outside their understanding to do so and they most likely feel they did no wrong.

8) Together they also wrote "Hooray for Captain Spaulding," sung onscreen by Groucho Marx in the movie Animal Crackers. There were five Marx Brothers in all. How many can you name?
There were 6 brothers. The first one Manfred died as an infant but he should still be counted.
I recall Groucho, Chico and Harpo.  I remember Manfred because he died as a baby but without looking them up I just can't recall the other names.
9) Random question: Do you believe talking to plants helps them grow?
We know that it does.  Greenery need  carbon dioxide  to grow. It processes it and returns oxygen to the atmosphere.  Plants in the home clean your air and talking to them does make them healthier and happier.



8 comments:

  1. What made you leave Utah? I have never lived outside of So California. All my family is here. I have only been to New Jersey when we landed in Newark and then took the Lincoln tunnel to Manhattan. Do you sew your own clothes? I don't buy a lot either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a few plants and they did well until I went back to work after having Josh. I stayed home with him for several years. I think talking to them helps them too. I tried buying another one a few years ago and it died too. UGH. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last things I bought for me were some new sleeveless shirts from Costco. I need something comfortable, but nice enough to wear to church. Have a great weekend, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is the only other person I know who likes horseradish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers. I took love Liza! And her mom Judy Garland! Nothing more moving than their singing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you started out about Liza. I wish I had written something about her and even Nudy as well, for they were great! I should have given more thought to the meme as I was writing because I had forgotten how much I really enjoyed her music but that was so long ago. My memory isn’t as sharp as it once was. But I did enjoy your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The music then was wonderful ! The melody and lyrics were clearly heard and understood . The quality of it was not enhanced by technology and each performer stood on their own merit ...true talent ! Liza and Judy brought an infectious energy to their performances...such a delight ! Good questions and interesting answers...I like horseradish , too !
    Have a terrific day !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.