Saturday, September 15, 2018

Teenage Dream.. and Senior Year


Saturday 9: Teenage Dream (2010)

click pix to join in!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.  



1) Much of the video for this week's song takes place in a convertible and on the beach. How's the weather where you are? Would you be comfortable riding around with the top down today?
Yes, the weather isn't bad. I don't like riding in convertibles though.

2) This video was filmed all around Katy Perry's hometown of Santa Barbara. Amtrak runs through Santa Barbara via The Pacific Surfliner. Tell us about a memorable train trip.
I rode the train commuting to Rutgers for a while. It was memorable since I came home very late at night and was alone in the awful station... ugh. terrible. I love trains but not late at night alone.

3) Katy sings that her boyfriend thinks she's funny, even when she gets the punchline wrong. Do you think you're a better joke-teller or audience? 
Better audience. I get things wrong too.

4) Her "teenage dream" lover is shown working out with a heavy bag. When is the last time you visited a gym? 
Never went to a gym. Exercise by doing things. 

5) Katy changes her hair a lot. She's gone from long black hair to cropped blonde hair with stops at red, green and purple. Today, are you having a good hair day?
Yes. 

6) Katy thinks dimples are "irresistible" and can't help poking a finger when a dimpled friend smiles. Do you have dimples?
Yes.
7) Two of Katy's fragrances (Meow and Purr) are sold in cat-shaped bottles. Are you wearing a scent as you answer these questions?
Always! I love perfume! Today I am wearing Thierry Mugler's Angel Muse.
("a sweet accord of hazelnut cream with the elegant, woody and typically masculine character of vetiver balancing the creamy sweetness" according to Fragrantica)
8)  Katy's favorite dessert is ice cream (specifically Cold Stone Creamery's Birthday Cake Remix). What's the last dessert you ate?
A cannoli.

9) Random question: How often do you change your bed sheets?
Every week  usually on Friday.


I thought I might do a list of questions from Facebook. I saw them on Debbie's page and Melanie also did it.
Here are my answers also.

Its Your Senior Year of High School:

1. Did you know your spouse?

 Well have no spouse anymore..long boring story,  but yes.  I met him when he was on the swim team at a competing high school. Which was a good thing since he ended up saving my life when I almost drowned in the surf. He was super fast and on me like white on rice to pull me out.
 
2. Did you carpool?

  No everyone walked to school, its a small town no one had more than a mile walk. I think a few boys had cars senior year though.
 
3. What kind of car did you have?   

None. My father didn't think kids should have their own cars unless they worked for them and had jobs to pay for insurance, etc..  He's the kind of guy who never curses, never saw him  angry but if there was chaos in the house he would simply look up and calmly say, "That's enough" and everyone listened because when he said no, you better believe it meant NO!  So, no car because my father wouldn't allow it.
 
4. It's Friday night where did  you go? 


I had dates to movies or dances, etc., or  I'd go to games with my friends. I loved high school sports especially wrestling  and basketball and football and baseball etc

In summer Fridays were on the boardwalk, almost always.
 
5. What kind of job?     Check out clerk in small variety store.
6. Were you a party animal? 


 Well if that means do I like parties, yes with nice people, but if it means something else, nope.
 
7. Were you considered popular?  

 I suppose.  I wasn't unpopular.  I liked everyone and they liked me.
8. Were you in band/choir?   Acapella
 
9. Were you a nerd?    I got straight A's, B sometimes,  but school wasn't my only interest, so not really a nerd in that sense.

 
10. Did you get suspended or expelled?   Almost suspended  since I wouldn't give up names.  I don't rat out my friends for ridiculous reasons. I dislike teachers who use blackmail to get to students.

 
11. Can you sing the fight song?  Yes

 
12. Where did you go to lunch?    The cafeteria with my friends and  sometimes   in the Audio Visual room with friends.

 
13. Where was your high school?    New Jersey


14. What was your mascot?  Panther


15. If you could go back and do it over again would you?  Yes.   I had a great time with a great group of people. 


16. Did you have fun at prom?  Yes. It was really nice and we worked hard to make it that way . I love seeing guys all dressed up, they look so masculine and handsome in their suits and its hard to get them dressed up other times! 

 
17. Do you still talk to the person you went to the prom with?  Not in a while.

 
18. Are you planning on going to the reunion?  No.  

 
19. Are you still in contact with people from high school?    Not in a while.

 
20. Did you skip school/class?  No, I never did.

 
21. How old were you when you graduated?   17

 
22. Who got you in the most trouble your senior year?   

 ✋Me, myself and I.   My boyfriend,his two best friends  and I were best of friends and as a group we put the school up for sale and used police tape around the board of education president's house and drew a body outline on his front walk.  We also cross wired the school intercom.    We put rotting potatoes in the  empty lockers.   I can whistle very loud, so while my boyfriend was in Calculus, I would go to the ladies room, stick my head out, and whistle the tune "The Sinking of the Reuben James". His math teacher would come running out since it happened daily but by that time I was back in the ladies room safe and sound.  When I came innocently walking out, he would ask me if I saw the whistler. He was sure it was a guy since girls don't whistle like that  😉 


12 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers, Annie. Hot and humid here, expecting that storm to move in by Monday and dump tons of rain. I gather its still a rainmaker. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fragrance sounds amazing! I'll have to check it out. And I adore cannoli - where was yours from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a cannoli in forever! But now you've got me thinking that one may be in order this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie! I am so glad the weather is nice there. It is so hot and humid here still. I had sweat running off of my head at recess yesterday....so gross! It is supposed to be hot all next week too.
    So glad your former spouse saved your life! I did not know that story! Love these questions. Loved all of your answers! Have a nice weeekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... you and your friends were ornery!! LOL I enjoyed your answers to both memes. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh at the whistling story! You were definitely an extrovert...unlike me! I'm still very....VERY introverted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two memes! I like the last one, I might have to steal that one and do it myself. ;-) I had a car but we lived in a rural area and it was a great relief to my mother to send me out for groceries or to fetch my brother when I turned 16.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! And tell me please: cannoli, what is it? Wow, so funny to read the answers. Smiling when I was reading 22.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your high school stories! You were a bit sassy! And you've given me a craving for cannoli.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.