Sunday, October 21, 2018

Halloween ... Questions to Ponder

Bev Sykes does a great job with Sunday Stealing. No, she doesn't really steal.. she posts memes that you can play along with. Here is mine on this blustery, autumn day. So blustery that we were under an severe weather alert this evening!(Late Saturday night as I write this).
Weather or not.. here are some answers to this week's questions.
Drum Roll.............

Halloween Questions:

1. The smell of pumpkin guts or rotting leaves? 
 Well, I like the scent of fallen leaves in the autumn. I am not so sure I like the smell of the inside of pumpkins. Whatever, I do really like the scent of leaves.


2. Sweet or salty pumpkin seeds?
I eat things plain, no salt or sugar and I never knew you could have sweet pumpkin seeds!  Who knew??

3. Store bought or pumpkin patch pumpkins?
Well the store bought are pumpkin patch pumpkins because they don't grow on trees. But, I know what is meant I am just being a smart Alec.
 I buy them in the store.

4. Wool or knit sweaters?
Not entirely sure I am answering this correctly.Since you have to knit wool into sweaters I think the question asker means other things besides wool.  I go by how the sweater looks, but I don't generally like wool as I find it itchy and wore too much of it as a kid. I like acrylic or cotton knit most. 
I would not turn down a lovely Merino wool sweater, though.

5. Halloween party or exploring haunted places?
  A party with lots of people and cool foods and fun!!! I love, love, love parties and get togethers.

6. Candy corn or mellowcreme pumpkins?
I never had a mellowcreme pumpkin but they do sound good. I would enjoy both.

7. Apple cider donuts or pumpkin donuts?
Never had either one but I think the pumpkin sounds really nice.


8. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? 
I love both but I must say apple pie will win the day with me.


9. Scary costume or something silly?
Can I have something historic? If not, then I will go with silly.

10. Still, silent nights or rainy, windblown ones?
I want both!

11. Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown?
Are these movies? I feel so out of touch right now. Never seen either one and will have to watch them to answer the question.
Okay after looking them up, I will have to watch them. Never seen either one and I wish I had. They look like fun.

12. Witches or ghosts?
Witches or maybe witches who are ghosts ;)

13. Raking leaves or climbing trees?
Climbing trees.

14. Ouija boards or ghost stories around a campfire?
Never a ouija board. Those things are creepy and bad.  I will take stories and campfire.
After school TV Series
I used to like the Canadian show, Are You Afraid of the Dark?

15. Frankenweenie or The Corpse Bride? EEEKK.. again I have no clue!!!  I will have to get busy with this stuff and find out about this stuff.

16. October or November?
Both are great. November has Thanksgiving and October has pretty colors.

17. Black cats or owls?
 Love both. I like the hoot of owls at night and cuddly kitties.



18. Fireplace or candlelight?
 Both please and at the same time .

19. Monster movies or their classic novels? Monster movies, especially those with Ray Harryhausen monsters.

20. Carve or paint pumpkins?
Carve and paint!





11 comments:

  1. Pumpkin and Apple Cider donuts are da bomb, lol. You would like them, I think. Enjoyed your answers. Have a lovely day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting questions...don't like scary stuff...prefer very dark chocolate to any other candy...enjoy hot apple cider...like the pumpkin carving that only carves the surface and lets the light shine , muted , through the inner flesh , like the ones on Martha Stewart's fall magazine cover .
    Have a splendid day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure it was the same version, but when my son was little we always watched "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" on Nickelodeon. It was good, clean, spooky fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie! I am needing to watch some Halloween movies too. I have not seen any of the ones mentioned. I am thinking Hocus Pocus. I loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The questions were lots of fun today and I enjoyed your answers! I didn't know three of those movies mentioned. Hocus Pocus is lots of fun but I was oblivious about the others. I'm not into pumpkin flavored foods or drinks, but pumpkin pie does smell good baking! Have a good week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oo, witches who are ghosts. I like that very much. I've never had sweet pumpkin seeds either. I'm thinking that's a regional thing and it isn't a thing down where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so grateful that I was not the only one who had no clue about the Halloween movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not much into Halloween this year...trying to focus on getting ready to sell our house, etc. And today is the first day that it has felt like fall here, so now I am getting more in the spirit of it. I don't do scary stuff. I love carving pumpkins, but it's been a while. I love hot apple cider and a homemade donut...cinnamon spice or pumpkin would be fine. Apple pie right now, pumpkin for Thanksgiving. Fun costumes...silly or historic or "beautiful". No wool sweaters...I have a nice acrylic soft sweater that belonged to my mother that I love to wear. I can feel her hugging me when I put it on. Maybe that would be the "ghost" answer above. don't like witches. Pumpkin seeds...hmmm, salty I think. Or maybe they'd be good with cinnamon and sugar? Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you go to Apple Hill near Sacramento, several places sell fresh, hot, apple cider donuts that are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had never had apple cider doughnuts either until a couple of weeks ago when we were in Maine. Our daughter-in-law and one of our granddaughters took me to a Vintage Bazaar on my birthday and there was a group there making and selling apple cider doughnuts...oh my goodness! They were delicious. We bought half a dozen so we could take one home to each of the three at home. By the time we finished the first one we decided what the people at home didn't know wouldn't hurt them. haha.

    Loved reading your answers to these questions, Annie.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.