Monday, October 8, 2018

Happy Columbus Day

Both Italy and Puerto Rico are very proud of Cristoforo Colombo and we celebrate the day each year on the blog.
This year is no exception.  School is closed tomorrow in honor of the day.
When I was in school we celebrated with art work, plays and songs.
The Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria
  And it would not be Columbus Day if I did not play this song.


This blog does NOT follow along with politically correct propaganda and nonsense about Christopher Columbus or anything else. The wild stories being used as propaganda today are not the whole truth. Its garbage. Want to know the whole truth? Ask me.. I will give you an anthropological ear full of truth about the Americas when Columbus arrived! Make your hair stand on end.

5 comments:

  1. You had me singing along with tho9se precious children Annie. I love that video and with get it from YouTube. I'm only sorry my family never made a big thing about him. My father was more into Amerigo Vespucci the Italian explorer that America is named after. Have a blessed Columbus day dear Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...shall we have a discussion? (giggling)---I just wrote a paper about this topic and the research was quite disturbing. ANYWAYS---I don't have anything against anyone celebrating Columbus Day. I know I have a ultra liberal professor in that class (Native American) ---but his prompt was "Not to BS him" he even referenced my thesis point in class, which prompted quite a stir. ANYWAYS---have a happy day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am coming at this from the anthropological point of view and archaeology. Most things today are tainted, biased info. The lives of the Amerindians of the time were already disturbing and quite horrific! Nothing is black and white and there are no good guys in this really but, Columbus was not the monster portrayed.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this honest approach to Columbus Day! Where would we all be today if there had not been fearless explorers out there crossing the oceans so that one day we would be able to come to the "New World" and live in freedom and prosperity and good health? Oftentimes the very ones touting the evils of Columbus are the very ones living in the lap of luxury and privilege that would have been impossible if their ancestors had never crossed the ocean blue!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sick and tired of the politically correct revisionism that passes for history today. It is junk and quite a bit of lying frankly. Reports from priests were taken as "gospel" truth although there was an agenda at the time. All of this is part of the on going destruction of America by leftist/communist types who want to dismantle America anyway they can. They use Hollywood, universities, schools and literature to spin things in their own way and of course, that way always finds America wanting.

      Delete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.