z Cottage by the Sea : Wednesday on Thursday

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Wednesday on Thursday

How about Wednesday on Thursday since my Tuesday and Wednesday posts were already set to go! Terri, our sweet friend from Florida, set up this meme and if you would like to take part, go and visit her here.



On this day theme...


1.  On this day in 1908, Billy Murray hits the charts with his “Take Me Out to The Ball Game”.  Did you watch the MLB playoffs, and are you watching the World Series?
No. I can't get interested in watching sports. I only enjoy them if kids are playing.I have said before that I do sometimes put on a Yankees game or a Giants football game out of nostalgia. My mother was a great sports fan.. baseball, football, basketball and she loved the New York teams.

2.  On this day in 1962, “The Manchurian Candidate”, directed by John Frankenheimer, starring Frank Sinatra and Laurence Harvey, was released.  What is your favorite Frank Sinatra song?
There are two I am very fond of. Young At Heart is probably very dear to my heart. I remember hearing it on a radio station that played music from the 40's through the 90's but easy listening ballads, etc. A lot of offices used that station. When I was an attack secretary (for a lady who didn't want to be bothered with calls and if you want protection I am the person you call as I can be very formidable)  we played that station in the office.. this was 1990's or so. Young at Heart played a lot. I loved it.
I also like The Lady is a Tramp in the way Sinatra sings it.
Frank Sinatra had a voice that sang to you.. not just at you, but right to you.

3.  On this day in 1968, Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithful were busted for pot and released on £50 bail.  Has your state approved the sale of medical marijuana?  In a nutshell, what are your thoughts on the subject?
Recreational marijuana should not exist but medicinal opiates and marijuana are natural drugs that can offer relief and healing for those who need it. Relief from pain alone aids in healing.

4.  On this day in 1979, the Guinness Book of Records presented Paul McCartney with a rhodium disc as the all-time best-selling singer-songwriter. What is your favorite song by Paul McCartney?
This Never Happened Before which was used in the movie The Lake House with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. A very nice movie by the way and if you love romance, get a hold of this movie. You will enjoy it.

5.  On this day in 2017, Albert Einstein’s “Theory of Happiness” written on a note as a tip for a bellboy in 1922, sold for $1.6 million.  His Theory of Happiness is: “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.”   Was Einstein right?
 For the most part, I agree with him. But he leaves out God, without whom, there can be no happiness at all.


6.  Tell us something random about your week so far…

We are only 3 days into the week.. Sun, Mon, Tues.. as I write this. Weather's been cool and  moderate, very little humidity and that is good. As for me, I haven't done anything memorable or important. I have been painting winter scenes and updating some paintings I did for headers for the winter season to come.



5 comments:

  1. The Lake House is a great movie!! Thanks so much for joining in on the Wednesday Medley... for whichever day it gets posted!! I enjoyed your answers and agree about adding God to Einstein's 'tip'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorado voted to legalize marijuana the year we moved here. We don't use it medically or otherwise. I can't say that I see any difference in lifestyle here because it is legal. People can't legally smoke it in public, and from what I've heard it is very expensive to buy and pretty well regulated and controlled.
    Einstein's tip was true and I agree adding God and also love for our fellow man would enrich happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was all very interesting. I'm still kind of not too much "with it", having had a cold this week, and my brain seems to still be rather"cold". So I'm not able to comment much but always enjoy reading your posts. I hope this makes sense! LOL. That movie The Lake House sounds good. I may have to find it. Something to watch if I ever have a day by myself to watch "girl movies"...a rare occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In will definitely try this meme Annie. I always used to do a On This Day post every once in awhile on my many blogs. The Lake House is one of my favorites. I have the DVD and just watched it this past week for the umpteen time. My week has been a happy and busy one as I got my new laptop Monday and have been working on it every day. Also spent time with my sisters, etc. Have a blessed evening dear Annie.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.